cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

media mail

I listed a dory & nemo video playset figures in the correct video section.  I checked with USPS, they said these can be shipped media mail. In the past ebay let me print media labels for this product. Today ebay will not let me print media label. My listing states media, buyer chose media. now ebay wants me to ship first class. Is there a way to print a media label? thanks

Message 1 of 50
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

media mail

This got missed on my cut/paste.

From USPS :

NOTE: Video games, computer drives, and digital drives do not qualify for Media Mail prices.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 50
latest reply
49 REPLIES 49

media mail

Media Mail is for books only not other stuff.  Not toys.  UPS told you wrong or didn't understand you.

Message 2 of 50
latest reply

media mail

There is a list on the USPS website, I will post the link here.

It is very specific. If you send things media mail that are not they will be returned at the least.

The actually check stuff.

If it is VHS only, OK

If there are any other items included, it must go regular mail.

You cant send a mixed package

https://faq.usps.com/s/article/What-is-Media-Mail-Book-Rate

Message 3 of 50
latest reply

media mail

You said "video playset".

My response was VHS...

I am so stuck in the 80's/90's today.

No mixed packages.

Message 4 of 50
latest reply

media mail

these figures set on a docking station and you can play a video game with them. that is why they said they qualified. I assumed they are a video game

Message 5 of 50
latest reply

media mail

@toysaver wrote:

Media Mail is for books only not other stuff.  Not toys.  UPS told you wrong or didn't understand you.

Pretty sure movies are OK. Video games are a no though. As are magazines or comics with ads in them. Can usually do graphic novels though.

Message 6 of 50
latest reply

media mail

• Available for sending small and large packages containing books, film, manuscripts, sound recordings, video tapes, and computer media (such as CDs, DVDs, and diskettes) only.
klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 7 of 50
latest reply

media mail

I looked at the listing......I don't care what anybody told you....The DO NOT qualify for Media Mail.

FYI - That Hot Rod Magazine you sold recently doesn't qualify either.

Message 8 of 50
latest reply

media mail

"these figures"

Media mail is a old concept.

It is basically for shipping books, but they added other types of media (CD / DVD / VHS)

and information storage devices (Disks / DAT'S etc)

Figures that go with a game are not information storage devices.

Cant go media mail.

Message 9 of 50
latest reply

media mail

@louies1948 wrote:

these figures set on a docking station and you can play a video game with them. that is why they said they qualified. I assumed they are a video game

If you can't buy the label through here, you can do it through Pirate Ship. Can also just go to the Post Office and buy it since I believe there are no discounts with media mail. But just be ready to be told it'll have to go First Class.

Having said that, what you say it is doesn't sound like it would qualify.

To save yourself some time. What might be worth doing is buying the First Class label and take it to the post office. If it ends up qualifying for media mail, buy and slap the label on the package and update the tracking manually. If it doesn't, just slap the First Class label on the box you already purchased and there you go. Can also buy the label elsewhere so it doesn't automatically update eBay's tracking.

Message 10 of 50
latest reply

media mail

Using Media Mail

Here's what you can send:

• Books (at least 8 pages)
  • 16-millimeter or narrower width films
  • Printed music and test materials
  • Video and sound recordings
  • Play scripts and manuscripts
  • Printed educational reference charts
  • Medical loose-leaf pages and binders
  • Computer-readable media
Message 11 of 50
latest reply

media mail

This got missed on my cut/paste.

From USPS :

NOTE: Video games, computer drives, and digital drives do not qualify for Media Mail prices.

Message 12 of 50
latest reply

media mail

@louies1948 wrote:

Looking at the listing, it definitely doesn't qualify for Media Mail.

Message 13 of 50
latest reply

media mail

Figures and video games aren't eligible for MM shipping. Here's the USPS ruling about it: "video games, whether on CD-ROM, diskettes, or similar software, regardless of form, or playable systems including computers, do not meet the standards for Media Mail".

https://pe.usps.com/text/csr/PS-334.htm

Message 14 of 50
latest reply

media mail

Just curious. Last Thursday, I bought 2 toys and I paid media mail shipping, it was set by default for that listing. The seller shipped with USPS parcel ground select. After reading this thread, I went on to the tracking, and it's saying First Class mail. So did the seller pay $4 shipping when I paid $2? lol.

He shouldn't lost any money anyways, cause I ordered two items from him and paid media shipping for both. I was hoping he could save the shipping fee for the 2nd order though.

Message 15 of 50
latest reply