cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is having a store reset by a CSR myth or fact

I hear lots of sellers complain about low sales in the stores,they end up calling in to ebay and the CSR tells them that they have just reset the store.People call in and ask to have the store reset.I have never complained about low sales,ebays light shines bright for me.

I guess I would like to know where its mentioned in the ebay verbiage that this can be done,what exactly is being reset and what tools do they use to do it.I really want to read some printed info from ebay about it,

as far as I am concerned,some things do not exist if I can not read about it or investigate it myself.Some people  will just say to RTF but I do not really know where to look for the details about store resets

ebay store reset.............fact or fiction?

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@1tuna 

morning...an ebay Blue CSR commented on that same issue months ago...bottom line according to him...it is a myth. i am not someone who keeps a library of previous threads, so maybe someone else can dig it up and post for you. and i never have success searching subjects on here...good luck.

I ain't got the brains to make this up (Fantastic Beasts)
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I read the same thread, but didn’t screenshot it. According to him there isn’t a reset button.
Just a line to get people off the phone IMO.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I kind of figured it was just a myth.....ya know...........just something to mention to the callers,give them some hope.I was looking to see if any mention of this mythology was ever given in ebays vast resources of tips and tricks.I know the blues have mentioned it before,I was just curious if there is an official mention of it somewhere in ebay

Germantown proud Germantown strong
up the whiskey hickon
moving right along
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

If there is a way to reset stores to help sales, no way is Ebay going to publicize it.....  They would be inundated with calls from everyone that didn't get a sale for 2 days, or less.  Years ago, it was constant advice to put the store on vacation for a few hrs and then take it off.... and some swore by it (remember Clac?)  I hasten to add, at that time, the items disappeared and reappeared in quick time......rarely took over an hr or so to repopulate.  Now, it can take 24 hrs or more.

There was also the thought that doing a bulk edit helped......the explanation was that that (as well as the vacation thingy) caused items (perhaps) to be allocated to different servers so it could get the listings off a "bad" server.  I know NOTHING about technology.....but that was the thought as I understood (misunderstood) it.  

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I think the idea was that those actions could “re-index” items or some such.

Maybe.

Refreshing or re-setting a whole store? A magic visibility Fix It switch?

Um, no.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

For those who like to blame Ebay for lack of sales it is a good myth to go along with their conspiracies. They don't get a buyer for a few days, call CS for a reset, then happen to get a sale. They take that as fact and post it here. Remember CS is paid to keep people happy the best they can and get them off the phone as fast as they can.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

You can do it yourself by doing a bulk edit on all of your items & just summit them without any changes. It's supposed to re-index them.  Does it really work? IDK? I do it sometimes. But never really know if the sale increase is a coincidence or not. A customer service rep told me about it and I've seen a few youtube videos about it as well.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

It's a fact. Just like Santa, Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy.

Want to see if your items are being seen? Write down the 'views' on the top 20/30/50?, just the 'number', you don't need a description (organize by 'oldest first' or 'highest price', whatever will keep them in the same order when you recheck the items) and then look at them 2 days later. See if that number moves. Views are actual 'clicks' opening your item so that is one way to tell.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply