cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i listed an item of another seller someone bought from me now he needs to return it? see description

A week ago, I published an ad for a product offered on another seller’s account on eBay, and I put it at a higher price. Someone bought from me, so I bought from the original merchant and put the address of the buyer who bought from me.
Now the buyer wants to return the product to me, what should I do?
How do I coordinate a return? And return the money?
Yes, I discovered that such a process is not acceptable on eBay, so I am requesting a solution now without causing problems

Message 1 of 66
latest reply
65 REPLIES 65

Re: i listed an item of another seller someone bought from me now he needs to return it? see descrip

@golfingaddict wrote:

@a_c_green 

If you think my answer is wrong please report it to have it removed.

Did you have anything to add to help the OP? or are you just attacking me?

No one (including me) is attacking you. I'm just clarifying that what the OP did was not any form of drop shipping (which eBay allows, per the link that you provided), but retail arbitrage, what eBay is describing as not allowed (in the quote that you provided).

The OP is not supposed to be listing someone else's item, then running around to buy it at retail and ship it directly to his buyer. It doesn't matter if the item he lists (but doesn't have) belongs to another seller here, or if he's ordering it from someplace like Walmart or Home Depot.

It would be good if we all just stopped calling this drop shipping, because it isn't.

Message 46 of 66
latest reply

Re: i listed an item of another seller someone bought from me now he needs to return it? see descrip

Does this have anything to do with the question you asked at the end of March?

Assume we have a large seller,( X), who owns inventory and selling on eBay
Also we have a small seller, (Y), who does drop shipping, using the larger seller with inventory as a source
(Y) lists items of which (X) has many of it and if a customer (Z) buys from (Y) , he purchases from (X) and ships directly to customer (Z) by adding customer (Z) address while purchasing from Seller (X) and so on.

Now let us assume that  (X) discovered that listing and he is not happy about being used as a bridge and decided to stop this process.

So he bought from (Y) in order to disrupt what he is doing?
Now the (Y) will obtain the address of  (X), who is essentially the original seller, so how will this dilemma be solved?
Now address of buyer (X) is same as seller (X) how would tracking workout and how would (Y) protect himself when (X) opens a case against him since eBay allows drop shipping?

Message 47 of 66
latest reply

@golfingaddict wrote:

I don't even know what to make of this comment.

I live in the United States, but I use this account, which I do not own and do not open from my home, browser, or phone, to avoid any connection between it and my original account.

Here's what to make of it -this person is a liar who doesn't seem to realize their old posts are still viewable. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Screen Shot 2024-04-25 at 7.09.14 PM.png

And all their posts collectively look like a study in "Asking eBay'ers how to scam on eBay."

Screen Shot 2024-04-25 at 7.10.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-04-25 at 7.18.25 PM.png

Message 48 of 66
latest reply

@dakbat-61 wrote:

Now the buyer wants to return the product to me, what should I do?
Yes, I discovered that such a process is not acceptable on eBay, so I am requesting a solution now without causing problems

Real question: Do you want legit advice or do you not want to hear anything that isn't going to give you a way to game the system?

You were warned off this method of selling a month ago (link), but it appears you ignored that advice.

You say your intentions are good, however your history of questions on this forum indicates a desire to take shortcuts in attempt to "get rich quick" so to speak. The shortcuts you've presented are largely violations of eBay policy, and in some cases violation of the law.

If your intent is to game the system, you will constantly find advice on this forum that warns you off such practices. People around here are anti-scammer, whether that scammer is a buyer or a seller. There is a scam element to a lot of the questions you've asked.

If your intentions really are good, then I suggest taking the advice that's been offered here by experienced sellers rather than shortcuts that have been offered elsewhere by actual scammers.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 49 of 66
latest reply

Original seller is big and top rated so i am sure they sent the item i purchased...

@dakbat-61 

So what?  You, however, are some shady seller who is trying to get away with unsavory activities.  Save yourself:  REFUND the buyer now out of YOUR MONEY, and don't engage is this sort of activity again.  What you have done is wrong, you were caught at it, and now is the time to MAN UP and OWN IT, not try to scam your way out. 

Message 50 of 66
latest reply

Or is this the truth?

"I am not an American and I do not live in the United States. I only registered on the site and the default mode on the site automatically chooses the country of the United States. This is the site’s system and is not optional.
Why leave the heart of the matter and branch out to question trivial things?
I am not an eBay user, and I was not able to ask a question for understanding unless I registered an account, so I did not care about entering any data

Please do not make assumptions and respond to yourself unless it makes you feel psychologically comfortable, so do it as you wish, no problem"

Message 51 of 66
latest reply

Op, would your new id, registered today, happen to be  

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 52 of 66
latest reply

His posts have been reported and pulled.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 53 of 66
latest reply

@dakbat-61 wrote:

you do NOT try to return it to the person you tried to use as a dropshipper.

why???

No. Here's the problem with that. For you to return the item to the person you bought it from you would have to get the item back from the buyer you sold it to first.

If your buyer sends it back to the person you bought it from you can't do that.

Your seller knows what you did and it seems so does your buyer. I doubt either one would be willing to go along with your scam.

Your seller doesn't have to refund your buyer if they return the item to them, since they didn't receive the payment from your buyer you did. 

If your buyer returns the item to your seller, then you don't have any way of returning the item back to your seller to get your money back from the seller you bought it from.

You are the only one who is going to lose in this situation because your buyer will be refunded by eBay from your funds if you don't voluntarily refund them and eBay has to step in and your seller will possibly get the item back from your buyer, but they won't have to worry about refunding you because you can't ship something back you don't have to them.

Either way you lose. Cut your losses now and just accept the facts and move on. This is why this type of transaction is banned on eBay.

Message 54 of 66
latest reply

Friendly reminder to all the aggressive and fanatical sellers in this thread -consider where the op's username should go. 😉

Message 55 of 66
latest reply

Ooooooo.. you are T-R-O-U-B-L-E now...

All the full-time posters here are gonna get their free shot at you - They just sit and wait for posts like this...

Seriously though, sounds like you may have learned your lesson - Just like others have said, best to refund, cut your losses and learn from this faux pas...

Message 56 of 66
latest reply

@mordecai8614 wrote:

Yea this guy is trolling. A person using an account that wasn't theirs, or who was trying to sell copyright videos, or commiting retail arbitrage wouldn't be broadcasting that kind of stuff on the forum & shinning a light on themself lol. This guy is just baiting everyone

Or he could be gaming out how it would work if he did decide to do this kind of selling. If so, it is a bad, bad idea. So many ways this could go wrong. 

Several years ago there was a buyer on an auction site I used who would bid on very expensive and sought after items. Items where the bidding could end around $250,000 for example. Then on eBay he would list the same exact items using the auction's pictures. On eBay he would list if for say $350,000 and tell the buyers there would be a 15 day delay in the shipping.

That was of course to get the payment from the buyer, use it to pay off the auction and then ship to his eBay buyer. It did not end well most of the time. He had several negatives with people complaining he did not have the items because lots of times the bidding went way above what he listed it on eBay. On the auction site several sellers banned him from bidding on their auctions.

Also the eBay returns could not be completed because whenever there was a return he could not come up with all the money because of the shipping and buyers premium charge by the auction. All in his negative feedback.  I followed his account through several negatives until one day his account disappeared from eBay, banned  I guess. He thought he came up with the perfect plan to make a fortune on eBay, but it just proved when you engage in stuff like this, everything that can go wrong, will go wrong. 

Message 57 of 66
latest reply

@isaiah53-57 wrote:

Ooooooo.. you are T-R-O-U-B-L-E now...

All the full-time posters here are gonna get their free shot at you - They just sit and wait for posts like this...

Seriously though, sounds like you may have learned your lesson - Just like others have said, best to refund, cut your losses and learn from this faux pas...

Regular posters are gonna take shots at the OP because of their posting history, which seems be be comprised of mostly wind up threads, not because they’re new or they made a mistake.

I know some people like to imply that regulars are eBay shills, but I suspect we’re in the presence of an actual troll here.

Message 58 of 66
latest reply

yes i moved to US last month and started to use eBay for buying and selling

Are we judging the past now instead of answering the question?
I did not search your past because I do not care, and if I see you asking a question, I will answer it and I will not search for your past
What is this naivety and superficiality? Are we really mature enough?

Message 59 of 66
latest reply

No not me 
i have got an old account from a friend which has good history and feedback

Message 60 of 66
latest reply