cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how hard is this? why can't ebay block a buyer from messaging when you've blocked them from buying?

i don't understand the issue with ebay's inability to block buyers from messaging you when you've blocked them from buying.

on facebook you can block someone from contacting you on the platform itself & thru messenger.

but like many OLD problems with ebay they can not or prefer not to block a buyer from messaging you when you've blocked them from buying.

or maybe it's not a blocked buyer, maybe it's just a buyer who won't stop contacting you for any reason, maybe multiple messages to lower your price or.....

the only work around is to either leave their messages unread & deleted or to reply to their message stating further messages will go unread & deleted. this usually works but do expect them to try to get the last word with yet another reply but DO NOT READ IT DO NOT ENGAGE just delete.

it's "2024"  blocking-blocked buyers or any buyer from messaging you if you prefer not to hear from them should be an easy option

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: how hard is this? why can't ebay block a buyer from messaging when you've blocked them from buyi

You're so full of yourself. It is funny to read all your comments... All your comments have been reading policy changes. I guarantee you that you never deal with any of these problems to know everything, Rather the fact you only to prove this thread daily, that you know everything lol 

Go ask admin than. Before the new policy you're required to wait 24 hours before it is affected

look at you go, the member is childish ( perfect example ), More perfect example go on badbuyer ( most seller that are on there who used the community forum are located on badbuyer and also breaking rules. Exploiting customer data, Used extensive foul languages. (eBay allow this behavior using their site to exploit data to the public)

Watcher leak: You're aware i found a glitch on the watcher to see their full hidden asterisk? I knew it will be fix if i post it on YouTube. They fix after 1 week, I guess they saw my video. You can still see only their feedback record. The rest are hidden. 

All It needed to be done was Copy C And Copy V on any Windows format typing ability. 

Many of us hate it? You're aware that you can unblocked them if you hate it that much. My main concern was not able to report buyer who uses foul language in the inbox ( Finally a option was place in )

Message 46 of 49
latest reply

Re: how hard is this? why can't ebay block a buyer from messaging when you've blocked them from buyi

Can you confirm before the issue was raise before new changes were made, Message that are blocked are not effective after 24 hours? 

Message 47 of 49
latest reply

You got it. First person that actually listen and aware of the actual problem and not just reading policy updates to others just like some user on this thread. 

You got it perfectly down to my complaint. 

Message 48 of 49
latest reply

WOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

All I did was ask a question & this turned into a rant between members. JUST READ IT OR DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

my question was buried in a rant.

Bottomline:

You can block a buyer. YES! They can use another persons account to still buy even in the same household because ebay can only block a name not an ip address, but....

even blocked from buying they can still message you.

There is NO REASON why in (almost) 2024 ebay cannot block their messages too.

When you block a buyer from purchasing you're doing so for a reason & they should not be able to message you.

BUT THEY CAN. WHY IS THAT?

Message 49 of 49
latest reply