cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay suspended my selling in dvds and meda because ????

so im going to keep the short as i can 

ebay pulled 30 of my dvd and blu ray listings got a canned response this is the start of it 

fter review and careful consideration, we've taken the following action on your eBay account:
- Indefinitely restricted your account from listing in the DVD & Movies category. You won't be able to list items in this category any longer.
- Item listing(s) have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

We felt it was necessary to take this action to keep eBay safe. However, you can still list and sell items in other categories.

When we review an account for category restriction, we consider many things, including:
- How much history the seller has selling in this category
- Positive selling Feedback the seller has received for sales in this category
- Any Feedback that questions the authenticity of the items
- Unresolved disputes with buyers for these items
- Whether the seller has followed eBay policies in the past
- Previous account suspensions
- The current status of the seller's account
- Any supplier information that can't be verified

ya ill not publish the list but it had 30 ish items on it funny thing is no request for info on where i get my product just bam a suspension INDEFINATLY i have invoices for many of these items and when was the last time ebay asked for supplyer information in my 15 years of selling 

not going to **bleep** and cry about it but i did call in and ask why they did not simply ask for infromation before being judgemental asshats about it i get my product legaly and sell it for a modest mark up and they arbitrarily drop the hammer on me with no evedence or reason why are ya blind people sell product that is says its fake in the listing  anyway any help would be appreciated as this is not fair by any means 

Message 1 of 82
latest reply
81 REPLIES 81

Re: ebay suspended my selling in dvds and meda because ????

I understand, concerning and upsetting for you, but you have ten years invested here, with little issues.  Maybe you can get this straightened out, maybe not.

Hopefully time will tell.  But if not, you are still allowed to sell in other categories, so all is not lost.

I called two Blues, Tyler and Brian,  to this thread very early on, in post #4, so hopefully one of them will respond here and be able to help.  They do respect account privacy so you may just get a general response or instructions or a request to message them.  But they are the cavalry, and are just great at helping with things!  

Message 46 of 82
latest reply

@yankees-forever wrote:
No they don't cause they asked years ago for a invoice and the few things I sell there I had one so I kept my listings and they are much tougher to deal with then eBay is on copyright stuff no issues there just higher fees vs this platform I could email one invoice with the top 3 listed from their pull list but they did not even ask before taking drastic measures I'm guessing most just move on vs fighting this stuff

I've never been a fan of tolerating injustice. It doesn't matter a whit if am the only one fighting. I'll still fight. I need to be able to sleep at night. 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Throw me to the wolves and I'll come back leading the pack.
Message 47 of 82
latest reply

No, as you can see through the thread and if they had, the thread would have the Ebay logo next to it on the Selling Board, indicating that an Ebay employee had responded.

The Blues step in to threads as time permits, so it may take some time before they do so.   They don't instantaneously leap into threads, we need to give them some time to respond.  They haven't had much time today to do so since my original page in  post # 4.

Message 48 of 82
latest reply

thanks for calling on the cavelry ive worked very ahrd to get this bus moved out of first gear last year to high gear this year making agreements with distributers on mins buying searching for q 4 product loosing this cat this year would probably cost me 30k in sales and loss of my best account  could be just as bad it took years to be allowed as a smaller seller to get them to let me buy product at a smaller scale and move up to buying 300ish a week and on from there 

thanks again for all teh help just super fusterated with this mess 

Message 49 of 82
latest reply

No problem, just wish you didn't have a reason to call for the cavalry!

I understand how upsetting this must be for you, and that this is a stressful situation to deal with.  I hope the cavalry shows up soon.  They are great at helping those in situations such as this.  

You are welcome but I didn't really do anything, just trying to get someone to you who can actually help with this.  It will be a blessing for you if this is straightened out, and a welcome relief from this frustration, I'm sure.

Hang in there!

Message 50 of 82
latest reply

Hope you get things favorably resolved.

I've been wanting to buy a particular DVD, searched it tonite and ironically I ended up buying it from you! Didn't realize it until I saw this thread. I didn't even look at any other listings, yours came up pretty quick within Best Match, so I pulled the trigger.

You have some great deals! Maybe jealous competition reported.
Message 51 of 82
latest reply

FTLOG put some categories in your store.

Message 52 of 82
latest reply

I will take a stab here.

A endless supply of new sealed cd's. Ebay is suspocious about the source.

Prov 20:14 It is naught, it is naught, saith the buyer: but when he is gone his way, then he boasteth.
Message 53 of 82
latest reply

So, NONE of these apply to you?

- How much history the seller has selling in this category
- Positive selling Feedback the seller has received for sales in this category
- Any Feedback that questions the authenticity of the items
- Unresolved disputes with buyers for these items
- Whether the seller has followed eBay policies in the past
- Previous account suspensions
- The current status of the seller's account
- Any supplier information that can't be verified

If you get no answer here.........you can try the ebay facebook for business page, usually an ebay employee will answer a message for help privately..... 

Message 54 of 82
latest reply

alan@ebay

Let us get this back to the first page and again to the attention of a blue.

Message 55 of 82
latest reply

@siayan wrote:

I will take a stab here.

As long as his source is legal, it's none of ebay business who his wholesale supplier is. Either the OP is not telling us all the facts or something is fishy on ebays side of things. His product looks legit overall. 

Somethings not making sense here. A 15 year top rated seller with over 3,000 positives and nearly no negatives suddenly cut off??...

......Should I be worried?

......Should we all be worried?

Message 56 of 82
latest reply

@magicjohnsonsvariety wrote:

@siayan wrote:

I will take a stab here.

As long as his source is legal, it's none of ebay business who his wholesale supplier is. Either the OP is not telling us all the facts or something is fishy on ebays side of things. His product looks legit overall.

Just because it is none of eBay's biz where they come from does not prevent them from meddling in their customers' affairs.  Remember, this is eBay being dealt with with here.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 57 of 82
latest reply

Yes it's legal I even offered to fax a invoice in I was told I'd get a response by today if not I'll have to take other action eBay for buss did not respond
Message 58 of 82
latest reply

@nowthatsjustducky wrote:

@magicjohnsonsvariety wrote:

@siayan wrote:

I will take a stab here.

Just because it is none of eBay's biz where they come from does not prevent them from meddling in their customers' affairs.  Remember, this is eBay being dealt with with here.

Your casual response is only because it's not happening to you. 

To say it's just "ebay being ebay" isn't helping the OP get the answers he needs. 

Message 59 of 82
latest reply

An employee probably will not be able to explain because that would violate the OP's privacy.

Once again, we do not have the whole story although part of that might be the bought lots here and broke them down. That would, of course, have zero credibility for authenticity.

Who knows. We don't.

Radine

Message 60 of 82
latest reply