cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay html broken for multi-listings using VARIATIONS

Hey eBay dufuses. Do you even code? My customers can not select the item to buy in my multi listings using variations. Before someone asks me what the heck I am talking about, simply click on my listings and try to select an item from down the list. The browser freaks out. Same results in Chrome and Edge. Maybe the eBay coders are using Netscape?  Hey, do you got mail? Do I need to fire up the AOL messenger to get ahold of someone in this dead company that can stop wrecking my darn listings so I can actually sell something?

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: ebay html broken for multi-listings using VARIATIONS

I wonder if this is connected to the other MV issue which has been going on for at least weeks, maybe longer, where you click on a photo and it comes up with another in the lineup, or it sticks and won't show the photo you just clicked on next.

Of course there's also the issue sellers are having with "server down" messages when trying to use the pencil thing to edit qty.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 16 of 48
latest reply

‎07-22-2023 04:42 AM

I don't see any of your listings.

I guess you don't ship to Alaska or Hawaii.

Why not?

I don't ship international.

Message 17 of 48
latest reply

@shipscript wrote:

When I looked at this listing from the OP, making a selection will scroll through each each variation until reaching the selection, and the promoted lists flash with each variation picture that changes, so the whole screen is flashing. When I gave all 50 promo gallery photos time to load, that section of the page no longer flashed. Additionally, on first pass, if the enlarged listing photos are not yet cached, we see some latency as the larger variation photos catch up with the thumbnail scrolling.

What happens with the variation you selected in the end @shipscript ? For example, if I go to the OP's listing I can select a variation. But then if I try to select a different variation it does that crazy scrolling and screen flashing before landing back on the first variation instead of the second one I chose. So from a buying perspective I can't select a different variation to see pics and add to cart (unless I use the app).

What I just described is duplicated in @mcdougle4248 's video. Thanks for sharing the tech ticket number mcdougle - very  helpful. Anybody that doesn't want to deal with going through phone reps can pull up a chat, type 'agent' in the chat window, and ask the rep to add their account to that ALERT ID 14837 - quick and easy. https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

Message 18 of 48
latest reply

Ok, now that's funny.

Message 19 of 48
latest reply

@mcdougle4248 wrote:

Yep, my account is having the same issue.  I am going to request a callback to report the issue.

I checked one of your listings and it worked fine for me on a PC.

Not sure whats going on with the others.

Have a great day.
Message 20 of 48
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@shipscript wrote:

When I looked at this listing from the OP, making a selection will scroll through each each variation until reaching the selection, and the promoted lists flash with each variation picture that changes, so the whole screen is flashing. When I gave all 50 promo gallery photos time to load, that section of the page no longer flashed. Additionally, on first pass, if the enlarged listing photos are not yet cached, we see some latency as the larger variation photos catch up with the thumbnail scrolling.

What happens with the variation you selected in the end @shipscript ? For example, if I go to the OP's listing I can select a variation. But then if I try to select a different variation it does that crazy scrolling and screen flashing before landing back on the first variation instead of the second one I chose.

I can select through the first three variations. After that, it scrolls to the selection, but then steps its way back to the top of about the third panel of thumbnails in the scroller (like a counter wrapping problem). Interestingly, when I open the clickable overlay and pull the browser wide or narrow, it steps through the pictures as "focus" steps through the thumbnails on the overlay, which is off-center.  Looks like a lot of issues at play here, but it may just be one variable that is bad.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 21 of 48
latest reply

@obiwon-kenobi wrote:

‎07-22-2023 04:42 AM

I don't see any of your listings.

I guess you don't ship to Alaska or Hawaii.

Why not?

I don't ship international.

Alaska and Hawaii is in the US, not International.

Have a great day.
Message 22 of 48
latest reply

Hmm... not according to Rand McNally.

Pretty sure I would know if we conquered Alaska and Hawai'i...

Message 23 of 48
latest reply

You're kidding, right?

Message 24 of 48
latest reply

"Hmm... not according to Rand McNally.

Pretty sure I would know if we conquered Alaska and Hawai'i..."

In a manner of speaking, yes "we conquered" the lands that became those states.  
Alaska and Hawaii have been states of the United States of America for some 63-64 years now.  

Message 25 of 48
latest reply

@obiwon-kenobi 

The listing you originally linked that was having problems seems to be working again for me. I am able to select different variations without all the variations being sequentially loaded one after the other.

Message 26 of 48
latest reply

@eburtonlab 

My variation listings are still experiencing the issue. It seems that the first 10 or so variations selected from the drop-down list function as intended, however, if I select a variation further down on the list, the rapid loading starts.

Message 27 of 48
latest reply

I'm getting the same problem browsing eBay UK (coincidentally, I was looking at listings for Star Wars figures, not unlike obiwon-kenobi's listings). Some listings are OK for the first few options but then get stuck. I'm using MS Edge on a Windows 10 PC.

This article says that the problem has been issued with ALERT ID 14837.

eBay Multi-Variation Listing Glitch, Can't Select From Drop Down (valueaddedresource.net)

Message 28 of 48
latest reply

I can see the multi-listings for @inhawaii and @comicsource OK, if a bit 'flickery'. The ones that I looked at only had a few options.

I can also see the first few options in @obiwon-kenobi's multi-listings, but then it jams. I've noticed the same thing in other listings - I think it might be working OK up to a certain number of options.

Message 29 of 48
latest reply

@moonbase_alpha wrote:

I can see the multi-listings for @inhawaii and @comicsource OK, if a bit 'flickery'. The ones that I looked at only had a few options.

I can also see the first few options in @obiwon-kenobi's multi-listings, but then it jams. I've noticed the same thing in other listings - I think it might be working OK up to a certain number of options.

I agree with your thoughts about listings with large numbers of variation options experiencing the issue with the lower options in the drop-down list.  Most of my variation listings have 40+ variation options. All of these listings have the same issue described here in this thread. I have 1 listing with only 12 variation options and it seems to be functioning as intended.

Message 30 of 48
latest reply