cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ebay customer service

? ever tried ebay customer service ?  Well I have figured it out. Customer service is just for buyers. There is no customer service for sellers.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

ebay customer service

I just had a month long experience with ebay cs. The site had a glitch not allowing me to change my store subscription. Said my perfect credit card was invalid. Cs told me to remove it. I said no. They removed it anyway saying it would just reenter. Nope. Waited for them to call me back or fix issue. 8 broken promises to call back over 2 weeks. Cant list items with no cc on file. Could before they removed it. I ordered 2 new credit cards over next 2 weeks. Both said invalid payment source. Made a one time payment through paypal and next thing you know the credit card cs removed reappeared on its on again.....as a valid payment source. Of course the card was replaced and destroyed weeks before. A whole month i wasnt able to list because a philippines cs removed my card after me saying do not do it. 

Use ebay cs at your own risk. I will never call them again.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

ebay customer service

That simply isn't true.  You may not like what you hear when you call, but that doesn't mean there is no service.

Help

https://www.ebay.com/help/home

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

It's important to be aware of where you post a question on Ebay’s Facebook page.  A comment on one of Ebay’s marketing posts won't be answered, but comments posted directly on Ebay’s page will.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 20
latest reply

ebay customer service

Oh it is true ebay does not give  a BLEEP about sellers and will help the buyer every time. Ebay employees will not tell you what to do when you have a problem.They are far more interested in finding ways to screw you. This must be how they are trained. no matter how small of problem if you are a seller they blow you off as fast as possible so they can help another buyer screw over a seller. if you are a buyer and get customer service they will give you all kinds of advice how to do it.

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

ebay customer service

With all due respect to the people on the other end, when i contact a customer service rep. in a overseas call center, especially with a complex problem, i may as well be talking to a 5 year old. Nothing makes me more upset than when you're already upset and you have to listen to them read you a script in broken English.

"I am very sorry to understanding that you are experience troubles with this buyer Mr. Smith."

I'm not blaming the reps.  I blame the people who hire and train them. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 4 of 20
latest reply

ebay customer service

@toolsbyed wrote:

Oh it is true ebay does not give  a BLEEP about sellers and will help the buyer every time. Ebay employees will not tell you what to do when you have a problem.They are far more interested in finding ways to screw you. This must be how they are trained. no matter how small of problem if you are a seller they blow you off as fast as possible so they can help another buyer screw over a seller. if you are a buyer and get customer service they will give you all kinds of advice how to do it.

Based on what i’ve heard over the years, Customer Service can be inconsistent in quality, and sometimes ineffective, sometimes grossly so. However, on the rare occasions i have needed to call as a seller, i have been satisfied with the level of service i received. Very sorry your experience was a bad one.

What issue were you calling about? Perhaps someone here could assist you. The level of knowledge among posters is often superior to advice given thru Customer Service.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

ebay customer service

I don't have much trouble with CSRs on my personal ebay because I am an Anchor store.

The drop in quality is precipitous when going down a store level though.

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

ebay customer service

I've never had a problem but one time myself in 20 yrs - but we see multiple threads concerning CS and bad advice given or advice given that affects the outcome for the seller and it's negative. 

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

ebay customer service

Simply not true!!!! If you are dealing with USA based customer service, I have usually found them to be knowledgeable and very helpful on legitimate problems. I write a few quick notes to myself before calling and that helps keep our conversations on track.

Cut them a little slack, they have a difficult job at best. Sometimes it seems like a lot of eBay sellers are causing their own problems and then waiting until those problems can't be fixed before contacting CS. Even here on the discussion boards there are way too many issues that would never have come up if sellers had read the user agreements and changes to it before getting themselves into problems. Dealing with those sort of problems is probably one of the most stressful jobs in the world.

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

ebay customer service

Sometimes it helps to wait a day or so and call when you are not upset. Better starting point.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

ebay customer service

I just had a month long experience with ebay cs. The site had a glitch not allowing me to change my store subscription. Said my perfect credit card was invalid. Cs told me to remove it. I said no. They removed it anyway saying it would just reenter. Nope. Waited for them to call me back or fix issue. 8 broken promises to call back over 2 weeks. Cant list items with no cc on file. Could before they removed it. I ordered 2 new credit cards over next 2 weeks. Both said invalid payment source. Made a one time payment through paypal and next thing you know the credit card cs removed reappeared on its on again.....as a valid payment source. Of course the card was replaced and destroyed weeks before. A whole month i wasnt able to list because a philippines cs removed my card after me saying do not do it. 

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

ebay customer service

@toolsbyed wrote:

? ever tried ebay customer service ?  Well I have figured it out. Customer service is just for buyers. There is no customer service for sellers.

eBay Customer Service for Sellers & Buyers is extremely poor. 

I've only been a Buyer here and have dealt with some of the worst  customer experiences in my life.  I'm also qualified to speak on this, as I was a former Customer Quality Manager for a large International company for many years.  I was based in Silicon Valley, very close to eBay headquarters.

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

ebay customer service

@fashunu4eeuh wrote:

@toolsbyed wrote:

Based on what i’ve heard over the years, Customer Service can be inconsistent in quality, and sometimes ineffective, sometimes grossly so. However, on the rare occasions i have needed to call as a seller, i have been satisfied with the level of service i received. Very sorry your experience was a bad one.

What issue were you calling about? Perhaps someone here could assist you. The level of knowledge among posters is often superior to advice given thru Customer Service.

YES, absolutely.

It also has a GREAT deal to do with how someone EXPLAINS the problem to the CSR they are talking with.  As it clearly evident from many threads here, the clarity on the issue is not always shared.  Lots of confusion, lack of detail and feelings are brought in that make it very difficult to figure out what the real problem is.  I see that on many threads.  Just imagine being the CSR trying to figure out what the heck they are being told by the member.

The inconsistent quality of information goes BOTH WAYS.  If the seller can't communicate clearly and concisely what the issue is, it is very difficult to effectively help them.

While I firmly believe that CSRs in the call center should be FAR better trained than they are, we aren't always communicating accurately to them what the heck is going on either.  Sometimes people come here mad as heck at Ebay for scamming and stealing from them.  Words often used here.  Only to find out THEY misunderstood what was really going on.

But yes, too often the call center help is no help and it takes a couple tries to actually get to someone that understands the issue at hand and is able to help them.

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

ebay customer service

@greg5000 wrote:

@toolsbyed wrote:

eBay Customer Service for Sellers & Buyers is extremely poor. 

I've only been a Buyer here and have dealt with some of the worst  customer experiences in my life.  I'm also qualified to speak on this, as I was a former Customer Quality Manager for a large International company for many years.  I was based in Silicon Valley, very close to eBay headquarters.

I'm a long time active seller and a buyer, so I can see both sides of this issue.

There has been much discussions on many threads about why you are upset with Ebay.  I understand and respect why you are upset with Ebay and it is your right to feel the way you do.  

However because we may disagree with an action Ebay has taken on our accounts for one reason or another does NOT mean Ebay was wrong.  It simply means we don't agree with it.  It doesn't mean their customer service was inadequate or ill informed.  It is just that you have a different opinion on how things should have transpired.  But Ebay doesn't seek our approval for such things.

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

ebay customer service

Love it!
Message 14 of 20
latest reply

ebay customer service

@upgradedendmills wrote:

Simply not true!!!! If you are dealing with USA based customer service, I have usually found them to be knowledgeable and very helpful on legitimate problems. I write a few quick notes to myself before calling and that helps keep our conversations on track.

Cut them a little slack, they have a difficult job at best. Sometimes it seems like a lot of eBay sellers are causing their own problems and then waiting until those problems can't be fixed before contacting CS. Even here on the discussion boards there are way too many issues that would never have come up if sellers had read the user agreements and changes to it before getting themselves into problems. Dealing with those sort of problems is probably one of the most stressful jobs in the world.

Up to yesterday, I might have agreed with you. But after the customer service I received I can no longer support any positive feeling towards ebay CS reps.  

Although I can't be sure, it sure sounded like my CS rep was USA based...she was as friendly as can be but I think she was deaf, as she didn't hear a word I said. 

When ebay starts giving your buyers a full refund after they left positive FB and they didn't even ask for a refund ...you might then have a different opinion of CS reps. 

Message 15 of 20
latest reply