cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay told me that my account was suspended

Hello, today eBay told me that my account was suspended for these reasons. I have been selling on eBay for 7 years and I have 100% positive feedback. I have solved any problem for buyers and made them completely satisfied. Today I was surprised that eBay sent me this message. A bad buyer experience (??BBE? ?) will occur but is not limited to the following scenarios:
(a) Buyer filed for a dispute under ??Item Not as Described??;
(b) Buyer returned the item and gave a return reason that indicates ??Item Not as Described??;
(c) Seller canceled the transaction because you no longer had the item, or the item was never shipped, and the buyer's money was returned;
(d) Buyer left a Detailed Seller Rating score of 1, 2, or 3 for ??Item as Described??; or
(e) Buyer left Neutral or Negative feedback for you.
To protect the eBay community from BBE and pursuant to the eBay User Agreement and eBay Policies, we regret to inform you that your eBay account has been restricted. This restriction means that:
(a) Your selling privileges are restricted. Consequently, you will not be able to create new listings or revise any listings that are live on eBay sites; and
(b) Your payouts have been placed on hold.
The safety of our community is a toppriority for us. We appreciate your Please what should I do now to solve this problem I made all buyers who faced problems completely satisfied every time they tell me they need help why is this happening to me please how can I solve this problem
Please what do I do now to solve this problem I have made all buyers who have encountered problems completely satisfied every time they tell me they need help why is this happening to me please how can I solve this problem
If I solve this problem, I will use the eBay Global Shipping service or the express shipping service so that I do not face this problem again

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

All sellers have certain requirements they must meet to sell on Ebay.  No single buyer can cause you the problems you have ran into.  

It would help to see the email Ebay sent you minus any personal account information.  There are a number of reasons this can happen.  The email does at least give you a hint.

c.  Seller cancellations for out of stock is something Ebay doesn't like much nor do your buyers.  This will cause a defect on your Seller Dashboard.

d.  DSRs no longer are part of the stats Ebay uses to evaluate sellers.  Not for several years.

e.  Feedback also not used by Ebay to evaluate sellers.

First we must identify the problem.  That we haven't zeroed in on from what you have provided.  

What does the email from Ebay say?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

All sellers have certain requirements they must meet to sell on Ebay.  No single buyer can cause you the problems you have ran into.  

It would help to see the email Ebay sent you minus any personal account information.  There are a number of reasons this can happen.  The email does at least give you a hint.

c.  Seller cancellations for out of stock is something Ebay doesn't like much nor do your buyers.  This will cause a defect on your Seller Dashboard.

d.  DSRs no longer are part of the stats Ebay uses to evaluate sellers.  Not for several years.

e.  Feedback also not used by Ebay to evaluate sellers.

First we must identify the problem.  That we haven't zeroed in on from what you have provided.  

What does the email from Ebay say?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Hi @draw-smile very sorry for your trouble. Yes, a copy of the exact message would be helpful. Please pardon me for saying so—your opening post was a little hard to follow. I could not tell what was eBay and what was commentary. Try not to worry, we will do everything possible to try to help you.

My guess is that eBay will send you a follow-up message asking for documentation to prove your items are authentic. In particular, the high-end designer jewelry boxes and eyeglass cases. You have listed and sold multiples of these. eBay has been contacting many sellers to authenticate their goods, under pressure to rid the site of counterfeits. But as long as you can send them back- up documentation, you will be fine. Good luck!!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@draw-smile It can be very confusing to have a poster make multiple identical posts within a few minutes of each other (which is why it is against the rules of the community). Being that you are in Jordon, you may not realize it is the middle of the night here in the USA. Very few posters will see either of your posts for several more hours, so you must be patient and wait for them to log on to offer advice. I am a night owl, and can tell you most posters are here during daylight hours. So hang in there. More posters will respond. In the meantime, please do provide the message eBay sent you. Thank you, and try not to worry.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Something very similar happened to me. My levels are all Avove the Standard but eBay suspended my account for Bad Buying Experience (BBE) reasons.

I wrote to eBay this:

I think you are making a mistake. My eBay account is agusxxxxxxxxiro@gmail.com

INR% (item not received rate) is ABOVE THE STANDARD. All my buyers have received their purchases. Only Late shipment rate is at high levels because at the time of selling a product I sent all the purchases on the same day of purchase. But since I forgot to upload the tracking number, I sent those sales again to my clients so that a tracking number could appear. All that customers received their purchases twice, but eBay mistakenly classifies it as a Late shipment.

Can you PLEASE check this information again for me again?

Here I copy my accounts levels: 

Your seller level

Past seller level

Above Standard
As of Jan 20, 2024

Current seller level

Above Standard
As of Feb 20, 2024

If we evaluated you today

Your seller level would beAbove Standard
Next evaluation on Mar 20, 2024

Transaction defect rate

0.00%0 of 105 transactions

Late shipment rate

25.71%9 of 35 transactions

Cases closed without seller resolution

Tracking uploaded on time and validated

00 of 0 transactions

Transactions and sales

105transactions$XXXXXXXsales
See monthly breakdownSee monthly breakdown

Return rate

0.95%

EBAY ANSWERED ME:

Hello Agustin,

Good day, thank you for contacting eBay Customer Service. My name is Akshay and I'm glad to be able to assist you today. Before I proceed, I would like to thank you for your association with us for 8 long years.

I can understand that you are curious to know about the reason why you are unable list or sell an item on eBay. Having utilized our platform and seeing this sudden action it really surprising for a seller.

I got to know that currently account is unable to continue with usual selling activity due to overall evaluation for Bad Buying Experience (BBE). For BBE we count number of instances on the account which my impact the customer experience on site. It including but not limited to the number of INR/SNAD/Return cases raised, number of transactions cancelled due to out of stock/issuing refund, negative feedback score, low Detailed Seller ratings and so on.

For this particular account we could see there are few instances of such issues happening due to which we are unable to proceed further with regard to your account selling in ebay.  As of now there is no appeal process available for this kind of issues. In this case, I would request you to continue as utilizing our platform as a buyer. eBay keeps revising the account and updating the guidelines/policy. If in future the account found eligible for selling, you will get the notification accordingly. Till the time we would request for your understanding.

I appreciate you taking the time to contact us today, thank you for your continued business. Have a wonderful day.

Best Regards,

Akshay K.
eBay Customer Service

So I dont know what to do now. What do you recomend to recover my seller eBay account???

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@handicraftsorganic wrote:

Something very similar happened to me. My levels are all Avove the Standard but eBay suspended my account for Bad Buying Experience (BBE) reasons.

I wrote to eBay this:

I think you are making a mistake. My eBay account is agusxxxxxxxxiro@gmail.com

INR% (item not received rate) is ABOVE THE STANDARD. All my buyers have received their purchases. Only Late shipment rate is at high levels because at the time of selling a product I sent all the purchases on the same day of purchase. But since I forgot to upload the tracking number, I sent those sales again to my clients so that a tracking number could appear. All that customers received their purchases twice, but eBay mistakenly classifies it as a Late shipment.

Can you PLEASE check this information again for me again?

Here I copy my accounts levels: 

Your seller level

Past seller level

Above Standard
As of Jan 20, 2024

Current seller level

Above Standard
As of Feb 20, 2024

If we evaluated you today

Your seller level would beAbove Standard
Next evaluation on Mar 20, 2024

Transaction defect rate

Late shipment rate

25.71%9 of 35 transactions

Cases closed without seller resolution

Tracking uploaded on time and validated

00 of 0 transactions

Transactions and sales

105transactions$XXXXXXXsales
See monthly breakdownSee monthly breakdown

Return rate

0.95%

So I dont know what to do now. What do you recomend to recover my seller eBay account???

You've bumped an old thread but I have a comment. 

Your problems are a result of your almost 26% late shipment rate. If you can't ship within the timeframe YOU chose, you should have extended your handling time.

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply