cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay to be Crushed By Competitors

eBay fees keep going up more and more, while sites like Amazon keep lowering their prices more and more. I used to be able to sell items with free shipping and still make a worthwhile profit. Now, I barely pull in 50% of my final sale value. The rest all goes to shipping and fees. Even on cheap to ship items, in order to compete with Amazon, etc. prices, I have to undercut myself more and more. I've been selling on eBay for 13 years now, but after my last few sales for the first time in awhile this month, I'm wondering if it is even worth it.

So what happens to eBay then, when the only people who can turn a decent profit here are vendors selling cheap **bleep** and knock off products from China? For me, I'm raising the prices on all my items, to try and turn a profit. If people won't buy them at that price, then oh well. I'll try selling on other sites like Craigslist and Amazon instead, and if I can't sell there, just donate the stuff to charity. eBay is such a scam for sellers. It's very sad how crooked this company has become and I think sooner rather than later it will cause a lot of problems for this site, as less and less users shop here.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: eBay to be Crushed By Competitors

If you keep doing the same thing for 13 years and do not change, then yes, you will struggle to keep up with the crowd. 

My advise is to really look into what you are doing and an honest reason why its not working. Then adjust until it works again. 

I completely disagree with: " It's very sad how crooked this company has become and I think sooner rather than later it will cause a lot of problems for this site, as less and less users shop here"

As an investor in this company, the quarterly reports reflect differently. From what I see, eBay provides the absolute best prices and service over Amazon and Walmart. Its not even close, and buyers know this. Do you sell on Amazon? If you do then you would agree. Amaozn service and prices are the worst

Message 16 of 16
latest reply