cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay sided with a SCAMMER! eBay hits a NEW LOW! What is going on????

Dear fellow eBay Sellers,

Buyer wanted us to send to an UNVERIFIED ADDRESS after she bought it. We kindly told her about eBay's rules and policies and refunded her and asked to  simply change her address to the one she wanted us to send it to.  She was RUDE and COMBATIVE. Left negative feedback. eBay sided with her and won't remove the bad feedback. What is going on here? We followed the rules that eBay set up and they simply don't care about sellers. How many other sellers did this person do this to? Sales are already down this year and they keep pushing the sellers down? See negative feedback below.  She lied about so much...  Any other recourse? Does calling work? We reported her too. 

Past month

Verified purchase

The seller refused to send a gift item to an address that was not mine. The seller said that was eBay's policy. That does not sound like a big ask in my opinion and I have a hard time believing a person cannot order a gift for someone and have it sent to their address. I found this seller to not only being negative but ignorant as well. Stay away. If I could leave a review with no stars that would be my preference. Consider these minus stars.

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

1) When you say 'refunded' do you mean that you cancelled the sale with 'issue with buyers address' like you are supposed to?

2) Who did you talk to about it? Did you contact eBay on Facebook? facebook.com/ebayforbusiness . I find that feedback easily removable.

Also, on the order did you 'Report a problem'. Let them know the buyer doesn't want you to ship to the address on the order.

Message 2 of 60
latest reply

Fwiw, you're wrong about the verified addresses. ebay verifies nothing.

But you're right about not sending to an address that's not on the order. The buyer needs to change the address BEFORE they make payment.

It's a shame you left the FB reply you did or you may have had a chance of getting this removed.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 3 of 60
latest reply

You 'replied' VERY unprofessionally and that alone, will stop this site from 'removing' feedback, as well as you look VERY unprofessional for any 'future' buyers. 

Do NOT reply when upset. 

Message 4 of 60
latest reply

@pickinweedsvintage 

Unclear.....................  did you refuse to ship to the address provided at checkout?

Message 5 of 60
latest reply

@pickinweedsvintage 

Buyer wanted us to send to an UNVERIFIED ADDRESS after she bought it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unverified by who? 

Message 6 of 60
latest reply

Did you cancel the sale?

For what reason?

Did the buyer correct her address and re-purchase?

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 7 of 60
latest reply

Yes, we canceled the sale and apologized for any inconvenience we caused but we were just following eBay's rules. We kindly asked her to purchase again after she changed her address to the one she wanted. Yes, it's very upsetting.... this isn't the first time we've followed eBay's RULES & REGULATIONS to a T and eBay still backs the buyer who doesn't want to follow the rules and regulations. Thank-you for your input! She was very cocky and nasty. She didn't want to change her address and became very rude. We simply apologized and said sorry we are just following eBay's rules not ours. Very upsetting as this has happened three times in the last 365 days. No back up from eBay! 

Message 8 of 60
latest reply

Also, i'm a little surprised some of the helpers here do not know what UNVERIFIED is... You send it to the address that's not listed on their account, they can say they never got it, then you have to refund it. These are simple things guys...

Message 9 of 60
latest reply

if you cancelled the sale because "buyer requested" or "problem with buyers address" you should be able to get that feedback removed.  I would keep trying until you get the "right" CS agent.  Have you tried getting it removed via the online request?  Good luck!

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 10 of 60
latest reply

For a $15 coffee mug? I would've just 'shipped it' to where they wanted. Doubt they were trying to 'scam' you over a $15 mug. 

Message 11 of 60
latest reply

This was not a scam - everything is not a scam.

That said, I personally would have just shipped it, but since you absolutely didn't want to, you did follow procedure. Try Facebook to have that removed. Leaving a response does not prevent an FB being removed as far as I've ever heard.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
#NoKing
Message 12 of 60
latest reply

I thought if a seller cancelled with "problem with Buyers address", the buyer could not leave feedback.

I guess that is not the case?

Anyone?

Posting ID
Message 13 of 60
latest reply

I should NOT need to contact eBay on FB to get assistance.  I have a store why must I also be on FB or some other platform to get eBay's attention and assistance?! 

Message 14 of 60
latest reply

Sorry to interrupt here but I was just scammed on a $19 mug.  It is not the value that determines whether you'll be scammed some buyers seam to just delight ripping sellers off.

Message 15 of 60
latest reply