cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay shipping labels, any changes?

Will the new managed payments process affect the way we purchase, print and pay for eBay shipping labels? My Fedex shipping charges are currently billed at the end of the month just like my selling fees are and I pay all my fees with a credit card around the 8th of each month. When I use USPS I think it is automatically paid out every time I use them with my PayPal. Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

In MP USPS labels can be printed from pending funds right in MP, or you can choose to continue with PP.

I do not use FedEx, so no clue there for sourcing payment in MP.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

To add to jack's info... if you still choose PayPal for USPS labels, you can have MP debit your bank account or pay them with a CC in your PayPal wallet.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

To add to jack's info... if you still choose PayPal for USPS labels, you can have MP debit your bank account or pay them with a CC in your PayPal wallet.

Just for clarity here.  The policy says we can choose whether to have the shipping label funded through PENDING MP payments OR through PP.  It doesn't say MP will debit our bank account.  This is an important detail.  I would by no stretch of my imagination want it taken from my checking account.  WAY WAY  WAY too many transactions would then be happening in my checking account and it would become difficult at best to balance and account for.

@mtgraves7984 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

Just for clarity here.  The policy says we can choose whether to have the shipping label funded through PENDING MP payments OR through PP.  It doesn't say MP will debit our bank account.  This is an important detail.  I would by no stretch of my imagination want it taken from my checking account.  WAY WAY  WAY too many transactions would then be happening in my checking account and it would become difficult at best to balance and account for.

@mtgraves7984 

@mam98031 

Semantics. 'Through PP' means that MP bills PayPal for the purchase. I choose that it is a debit to my bank account.  I am a small seller and have no problem with the debits. I just wanted the OP to know that you have options within PayPal for funding the USPS labels.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@mtgraves7984 wrote:

@mtgraves7984 

@mam98031 

Semantics. 'Through PP' means that MP bills PayPal for the purchase. I choose that it is a debit to my bank account.  I am a small seller and have no problem with the debits. I just wanted the OP to know that you have options within PayPal for funding the USPS labels.

With respect it isn't "semantics".  

I get it how you structure your PP account and that since you use your DC there, it is actually coming from whatever bank account that DC is connected to.  That is understandable.

But there is a difference if you are saying that if we choose to have MP fund the shipping label that they pull it from the attached checking account as that is not what the policy states.  It says it is coming from the MP "pending funds".  That is NOT the same as having MP debit your checking account and yes it does make a difference.

In your case, you are having PP debit your checking account, not Ebay.  There is no option to have your checking account directly debited by MP for shipping labels.  To accomplish this you have to go through PP.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@vg7 , @mam98031 

Not to mention that a seller can keep funds in their PayPal account for labels. I choose to keep a $0 PP balance.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

But there is a difference if you are saying that if we choose to have MP fund the shipping label that they pull it from the attached checking account as that is not what the policy states.  It says it is coming from the MP "pending funds".  That is NOT the same as having MP debit your checking account and yes it does make a difference.

I don't choose to pull shipping funds from MP Pending Payments. MP goes through PP to debit my checking.

In your case, you are having PP debit your checking account, not Ebay.  There is no option to have your checking account directly debited by MP for shipping labels.  To accomplish this you have to go through PP.

I never said eBay was debiting anything. Yes, MP goes to PayPal, who debits my checking account.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply