cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay’s broken bank verification system (aka third party data en**bleep**tification / fund holds)

I don’t think ALL bank verification functionality is broken.  I think for many sellers it’s internally coded to fail.

A new eBay strategy for customer engagement!  Baffle them with broken **bleep**!  

I could log on three or four different banks through ‘trusty’ and be completely logged in and verified through “trusty” (third party overseas vendor for eBay data screwey with supremely more efficient operations) and eBay verification will fail.  So I just gave my bank login data to a third party AND didn’t get my account verified.  Several times.  With at least three banks this time.

I could ask for micro deposits verification on three or four accounts and they will NEVER be sent.

Now I have to deal with the eBay customer service.  A weaponized joke that does not know how to resolve issues like this and is typically not empowered to resolve issues 1/10th as pressing and broken.

I’m not upset.  The en**bleep**tification of eBay is well underway and management is just getting worse.  I can’t imagine how much worse this ecommerce tech abortion backed by executive compensation schemes, long gone corporate looters and stock price babysitters can get.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

eBay’s broken bank verification system (aka third party data en**bleep**tification / fund holds)

Sorry you can't figure out how to verify your bank info.  Literally nobody else here has this problem.

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I know there can be issues but almost 20 MILLION sellers have been able to sign up for Managed Payments and for the vast majority it has been completely seamless.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Be sure the names match..........on the bank account and your ebay account. John R Jones will not match John Robert Jones. Change the ebay name if necessary.......

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Are you using checking accounts through real banks and not some of these banking apps?

Have a great day
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@trickscrews 

You need to sign on for payments with a bank account that offers a routing and account number. Period.  Less hassles if you do and hopefully less unnecessary "BLEEPS"

We're all professionals here, let's keep the bleeps where they belong...elsewhere & not on this forum.  Sorry for your frustration. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@playwithitagaintoys wrote:

Sorry you can't figure out how to verify your bank info.  Literally nobody else here has this problem.

@trickscrews

Sorry there are posters here that have nothing better to do but pour salt in others wounds - I personally had this problem when I first signed up - The site was unable to verify 2 separate bank accounts(a credit union and a well known bank that wasn't in their primary list of banks) and only when I created a different back account using one of the banks in their main list of banks did I finally get signed up. I see tons of people posting similar experiences here.

Good luck to you - As far as I am concerned this is the LEAST of your worries here and could be a blessing in disguise...

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Be sure the names match..........on the bank account and your ebay account. John R Jones will not match John Robert Jones. Change the ebay name if necessary.......

This. Mine didn't work the first time because my bank account had my middle initial but my eBay account did not. Once I added the middle initial to my eBay account, it verified just fine, and I use a small local bank rather than a big-name one.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply