Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's Latest Glitch...

This is my listing view for seller's description.20240503_164347.jpg

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: eBay's Latest Glitch...

There are multiple discussions on the tech issues board. eBay reps were tagged on this one :

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Item-Description-Gone-from-Sold-Item/m-p/...

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 31
latest reply

It would be kinda funny if this were intentionally placed in the description sections of all listings that either entirely lack a description or lack any meaningful description ... I would be amused.

Message 3 of 31
latest reply

@ajs_coins_and_alchemy Nope. I give a real description of my items and don't use that AI **bleep**.  

Message 4 of 31
latest reply

Those AI descriptions make me laugh every single time... just a horrible digestion and regurgitation of the "Item Specifics" section.

I suppose some sellers feel it's better to show "fluff" than nothing. I'm more offended by the fluff because if I take even half a second to read it, that's a half a second of my life I can't get back. Just leave the section blank!

Message 5 of 31
latest reply

The ONLY green ones have a Description.

Many times that is there for a brief moment as it didn't load correctly on YOUR computer- usually go back and back in again and it's gone....as is this one less than 1 hour after your post. 

Message 6 of 31
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

There are multiple discussions on the tech issues board. eBay reps were tagged on this one :

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/Item-Description-Gone-from-Sold-Item/m-p/...

There are two issues.  The one this thread is about which is sold items.  And the other is on current listings.  For me I experienced for a short while late this morning in some of my active listings.  As far as I know it isn't doing that now.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 7 of 31
latest reply

Still happening:  Seller description box has the "Oops, we looked everywhere" image.  Is this being addressed by ebay any time soon??

Message 8 of 31
latest reply

At least oops has stopped appearing when I watch an item.

That appears to be fixed, for now.

Message 9 of 31
latest reply

Still happening on my listings.  Including viewing incognito.

Message 10 of 31
latest reply

Over 2 weeks and I cannot list anything using my laptop with multiple browsers. I have tried everything. I can however list on my account using my phone. It is hanging up on the "item title". Whenever I edit that I get the error messages. The ONLY thing I can think of is that during an ebay update they no longer support windows 10.... Is everyone else having issues using Windows 10 or is anyone using Windows 11 having issues also?

Message 11 of 31
latest reply

@libbywebst wrote:

@libbywebst that is YOUR computer doing that. 

It's NOT happening to the 'rest of us in this world'......

Message 12 of 31
latest reply

Mine are back, also - I was missing quite a few descriptions in my unsolds over a period of two days.

@libbywebst wrote:

Check them again - mine began repopulating but since it sounds like a widespread incident there may be a lag.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 13 of 31
latest reply

If it's still happening...............what browser are you using and have you tried a different one?

Message 14 of 31
latest reply

Obviously, it is.  Hence the fact that ANOTHER USER started this thread. 

Message 15 of 31
latest reply