cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay makes it hard to buy and sell

So I got a question about my listing of some appetizer plates. Potential buyer wanted to know the size. I answered them pleasantly although the diameter was in the Item Specifics and the Description. They thanked me. A few minutes later, they wrote and apologized for being a pest, but wanted to know if the plates were ceramic or plastic. Again, in the Item Specifics and Description. I again answered pleasantly and told them that eBay makes details hard to fine, but there were 2 little drop-down things that had lots of information behind them; but I would be glad to answer any more questions. (I just had to look at my listing.) I was thinking the buyer was kind of lazy, but then I looked at my listing on my phone instead of desktop, and I could see why they couldn't find anything. I know that as a buyer I have to look really hard to find the description.

For a long time, I have been putting a sentence in the condition box that said, Please See the Full Description. Found out today that the condition box is not on the app, or if it is, I sure couldn't find it.  I think the non-reading phone buyers might read more if the interface was better. 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@winterpalace25  u r correct, we've had the phone issue for years. listings are not as clear on phones as on a desktop or laptop or tablet. eBay has tweaked it a few times, but it still takes some work to get all the info from listings.

I use to think there was something wrong with so many potential buyers when they would ask me what was plainly on the listing until i found out they were on their phones, then it made total sense.

u did the right thing by being polite and answering, despite the info being on the listing.

I get lazy sometimes and just copy and paste the info from the listing onto the messages.

keep up the good work!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

@winterpalace25  u r correct, we've had the phone issue for years. listings are not as clear on phones as on a desktop or laptop or tablet. eBay has tweaked it a few times, but it still takes some work to get all the info from listings.

I use to think there was something wrong with so many potential buyers when they would ask me what was plainly on the listing until i found out they were on their phones, then it made total sense.

u did the right thing by being polite and answering, despite the info being on the listing.

I get lazy sometimes and just copy and paste the info from the listing onto the messages.

keep up the good work!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Phones make it hard to buy and sell. I gave up trying to use my phone to buy anywhere online ... eBay, Amazon, Etsy, Mercari, Home Depot, WalMart, Lowes ... 

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

@winterpalace25 

You handled it very professionally. You are correct that if a buyer is using their phone it is difficult to see anything besides the photos and title. If possible get as much information into the title as you can.

lisa5768
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 4
latest reply