cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is subjecting me to different policy rules.

So for the last 10 years, I have been selling Brand Omeprazole with zero complaints. In Sept. of last year, eBay took my listing off and told me not to relist. I then appealed and won my case. Relisted my product then a week later eBay took it off again and said never to relist. I called eBay and stated that my item had already been appealed recently and could be relisted. eBay told me not to relist and to appeal again. Keep in mind this is the same item that won an appeal but needed another appeal. So decided to appeal again and eBay asked for some proof of the manufacturer. Provided the info and they were in agreement but said still not to relist the item again. They told me to read the policy claiming my item is not over the counter when it clearly states it on the bottle package OTC. So decided to sell another brand of Omeprazole and I was put on a 10-restriction. I have seen lots of other people selling the same new item I listed and nothing happens to them to this day. The answer that the agent gave me was my Omeprazole was 20.6mg. I was shocked at the lack of knowledge. I informed the agent that all omeprazole including Prilosec is 20.6mg and informed the agent that all Brands of Omerpazole advertise on their package as Omeprazole 20mg. The agent then told me that they had made their decision and they would not reply to me about this subject matter again.  It's very frustrating and sad how they can just change the rules as they go. It should read, that our policy goes the way we feel despite the evidence and long history.  Really unlawful practice.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

You may just be one of the first of many to have these items pulled. If they say not to relist, don't. It could result in your account being suspended. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Best just to remove that item from your catalog and move on.

Appealing even if you win will still potentially cause you issues in the future as you've seen with your 10 day restriction.

eBay's platform, they can restrict remove whatever they want.

Don't give them reason to remove you by not listening.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Sadly, from what I have seen over the years even appealing ebay's ruling is a waste of time. 

I mean, at least in terms of relisting. This thread illustrates that fact clearly, even if you win it makes small if any difference as in they can and will still pull your listings and issue ever increasing listing and account restrictions because in their mind you "didn't listen."

So why even appeal?

Ebay's measures are draconian, no argument there.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

eBay has decided they don't want that sold here apparently, or at least something about your listing told them that.  Whether it's legal to sell or not, they set the rules, and whether you like them or not it's easier to just go along with it and not list those here anymore.  I know that probably hurts if you've sold a lot of them and especially if you have a large inventory to move, but unfortunately no one has yet found a way around eBay's unclear policies on issues like this.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

You have received solid advice.  Don't relist or the account suspensions will start.

I would not at all expect an eBay phone rep to give you the correct information on a pulled listing, appealed or not appealed. 

All these takedowns are completed by bot. Once you are on the bot radar, you will more than likely be identified again.

Posting ID
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

This is the item I was restricted over, doesn't make any sense that others can sell it with impunity https://www.ebay.com/itm/114256393697

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

It never will make sense. Something in your photos, description,  title or Item specifics is getting it flagged by the bots.

Posting ID
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Basically it comes down to eBay playing Whack-A-Mole with these sellers.  Some get reported, some don't, some use terms that fool the bots, some list in different categories, etc.  There's really no good way to tell why yours was taken down and others weren't, and eBay is purposely not transparent about that because they don't want people working around their restrictions.  Stinks in your case, but it does make some sense.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

I think we all understand your frustration, but pushing back against ebay's ruling would be akin to suing a traffic cop who's town you have to drive through every day.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply