cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is holding all my payouts for their mistake !

I sent an item to eBay global

shipping . The item was a necklace for 157.00. Global shipping lost the item . In order to get my customers money back I was advised to have the customer open an item not received  case which they did . After the case was opened eBay grabbed 695.00 from my money not  even the 158.00 that was to be paid by them

for their mistake with a

message that all money is on hold and  that my account is suspended!  I am

irate!   I have been here for 18 years as a top rated seller and never have I had an issue such as this . This is not my mistake and I should not be punished . Calling an agent did no good and I wasn’t allowed to speak to a supervisor either . I was told it has to play out in the system and no one can help !   Imagine that ? !!! Great way to treat your long term top rated seller  for your mistake eBay . 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: eBay is holding all my payouts for their mistake !

Send a private message here for better results:

www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

or

www.twitter.com/eBayForBusiness

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

You mean www.twitter.com/askebay

It's the same reps on fb page, and more active.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Thanks I will give it a try ! 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Did you use the Global Shipping Program, which was dropped in favour of eBay International Shipping some months ago?

In that case, you are just too late to file a Claim with eBay.

Both GSP and eIS are Seller Protection programs.

Once you show that the shipment has reached the GSP plant (in Erlanger KY) or the eIS plant( in Glendale Heights IL) your responsiblity for delivery ends.

The program accepts the responsibility.

From what you say, the shipment was accepted as by the shipping program/forwarder.

You only had to put the Proof of Delivery into the buyer's claim and you go scott free.

Did you do that?

After the case was opened eBay grabbed 695.00 from my money not even the 158.00

Do you have other sales underway?

Do you mean your Managed Payments account has been frozen until the Claim is sorted out?

Did you put the Proof of Delivery into the Claim?

Calling an agent did no good

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I don't know whether they are the same reps or not.

Would think these are more for buyers:

facebook.com/eBay/

or
twitter.com/askebay

And these more for sellers:

www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness

or

www.twitter.com/eBayForBusiness

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

When was the last time you used the Twitter support on that ?

It's pinned tweet says to use Facebook.

From what I was told the askebay on Twitter and the ebayforbusiness on Facebook is managed by the same social media division.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I am not sure which specific item this relates to but I took a look at several of your sold items and it does appear you have been placed in the EIS program. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1693112413024.png

The program is going through some growing pains and in fact this package may not be lost. EIS appears to be taking a bit longer to process the packages through the centers and get them forwarded to the final international delivery destination. As reallynicestamps asked how did you respond to the INR case and did you upload the tracking information showing the item as being delivered to the EIS hub in either IL or CA?

So much of the claims process is automated it may be possible that the bots failed to detect this was a EIS shipment and the package had arrived at the hub. 

I cannot sort out the financial aspects of this or what you mean by "eBay grabbed $695" out of my money. Do you mean they took $695 out of your linked account or that the put a hold on the $695 or was it a combination of them refunding the buyer $xx and placing a hold on $xx? There appears to be a combination of things going on with your issues. As others mentioned customer support is not always up to speed on a LOT of things and will often provide bad information to get you off the phone and they are powerless to actually do anything. Your best bet is to contact them through the FB connection and see if you can work through the individual issues. 

Please return and let us know the outcome. EBay is putting a lot of clout behind the EIS program and a lot of sellers are warming up to the program because of the seller protections it offers. But if there are issues that others need to be made aware of it is probably going to have to come through this forum as it is not something eBay is probably going to publically release.  

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@tammiegoldenhair 

We need more information so we can try to better advise you.

The item was $157, correct?

What is the $695 amount for?

Ebay can't hold or pull more money out of your account than the transaction amount is, so I'm confused?

As others have stated, the GSP program was retired and the EIS program is the current one on Ebay.  

What does your tracking show.  Does it show that the package was accepted at the EIS facility?  If not, what does it say?

If the packaged arrived damaged, they would have returned the package to you, or if they deemed it wasn't packaged well enough.

I hope you will come back and share more details so we can better understand what is happening to you and so we may better help you.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I only use the FB links, so thanks for the update about twitter no longer available.

As a seller I always found the business one got better results, but who knows who you are talking too.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

The timeline you are posting has some discrepancies that do not make sense....

This group can help put your house in order, but we need accuracy

Normally, the first thing you do when ebay contacts you for an INR (Item Not Received) is reply to the inquiry with your uploaded tracking numbers that show the current location/progress of the shipment. If it is still in progress, "normally' there is a few days "grace period" before action is taken....

Where did they "Hold" 695.00? Your account is suspended over an INR?

...and 'Yes' it appears to be an EiS shipping, which 'should' absolve you of any liability

Please help us help you......

Message 11 of 11
latest reply