cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay is a waste of time

I used to buy and sell things on eBay. I'm closing my account because the site sucks. The last three purchases I made never showed up. The last three things that I sold, well, the buyers never paid for and then forced me to cancel. I don't have time to waste on a website that promotes bad characters like this. I'll just keep my stuff. No point in even bothering with this site.

Message 1 of 43
latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

eBay is a waste of time

And what is your point in telling us this?   Are you just venting?    Trying to get others to quit?  What?

Message 2 of 43
latest reply

eBay is a waste of time

There have been many delays in deliveries both last year and this, but eBay has aMoney Back Guarantee.

For 30 days after the last estimated date for delivery, you can open an Item Not Delivered dispute at the top of the Home page -> Help-> eBay Customer Service->scroll to bottom of page-> Report an Item that hasn't arrived.

If the seller cannot prove delivery (not shipping , delivery) you will be refunded.

If that deadline is past, you can also use Paypal's Buyer Protection or the chargeback function of the credit card you used to pay.

things that I sold, well, the buyers never paid for and then forced me to cancel

These are Unpaid Items and the buyer cannot force you to cancel.

You can open an Unpaid Item  Dispute after 48 hours and if the buyer has not paid, the transaction is closed, you get any fees refunded, and the deadbeat gets a Strike. (EBay is now doing this automatically, if you set your Seller Preferences for that option.)

You can also use your Seller Preferences/Buyer Requirements to automatically Block bidders who have Unpaid Item Strikes.

If those deadbeats were threatening you with bad feedback, which is common, you should know that FB is not used by eBay to assess accounts and that Feedback Extortion is taken very seriously and can lead to a closed buyer account.

Message 3 of 43
latest reply

eBay is a waste of time

You always give good advice, and I admire your patience.

I have to admit these types of posts are just boring me now and I figure if someone is willing to leave because they don't understand the way the site works, it is probably for the best.

@stuffforsale_blue 

Good luck where ever you decide to sell in the future

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 4 of 43
latest reply

eBay is a waste of time

I don't have time to waste on a website that promotes bad characters like this. I'll just keep my stuff. No point in even bothering with this site.”

Yet you went to the bother of coming here.

Message 5 of 43
latest reply

eBay is a waste of time

@stuffforsale_blue wrote:

I used to buy and sell things on eBay. I'm closing my account because the site sucks.

Okay. Bye!

Message 6 of 43
latest reply

eBay is a waste of time

@stuffforsale_blue wrote:

I used to buy and sell things on eBay. I'm closing my account because the site sucks. The last three purchases I made never showed up. The last three things that I sold, well, the buyers never paid for and then forced me to cancel. I don't have time to waste on a website that promotes bad characters like this. I'll just keep my stuff. No point in even bothering with this site.

Good luck and stay safe!

Message 7 of 43
latest reply

eBay is a waste of time

Doing that too. Also I find their service charge on selling and by the payment system is very expensive.

May be this is why many item seem quite expensive now a day even as a buyer. Jas to move to other platform to do my purchase.

Message 8 of 43
latest reply

eBay is a waste of time

Many just make use of these outdated policy to make the claim. Even item is received, your money plus goods is gone.

So far those so call "undelivered" item has never returned to me although my postal paid always covers return even it is not tracked postal. But not a single item returned.

Message 9 of 43
latest reply

eBay is a waste of time

site sucks..?

Message 10 of 43
latest reply

eBay is a waste of time

And you gave it your best possible shot....

eBay, like all sites takes time, perseverance and work.   If you don't want to invest the time, then go.  It's not easy money, it's not easy and it's not for everyone.   Your Choice.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 11 of 43
latest reply

eBay is a waste of time

There's other to go to. Google sucks **bleep**, I agree, but at least there's some competition in this field.

Message 12 of 43
latest reply

eBay is a waste of time

Ebay is kind of like one of my old bosses.  On my first day on the job he said we do things my way here and it has worked for six years.  "There are four doors and three gates.  If you don't like it here you have many choices".   lol   I was promoted to GM in less than three years and stayed another eight.   

So you bought from unreliable sellers?  There is more to this story.  Did they use tracking?

And to be clear we haven't sold anything until it's paid for.    That sounds like some of my salespeople who would come into my office all excited about a 'sale'.  I wouldn't say a thing and just held out my hand until they asked why.  I said "you haven't made the sale until the contract hits my desk.  All you have is a promise of a sale".  

Message 13 of 43
latest reply

eBay is a waste of time

Competition exists in this market at this point. Mecari, Poshmark, Etsy, Facebook Market. Ebay is the current king, but you can go elsewhere.

Message 14 of 43
latest reply

eBay is a waste of time

Don't forget Amazon and walmart. I sell on them all the time.

Message 15 of 43
latest reply