cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay cancelling International sales

I just recently started selling again. I see that my auctions are available internationally y but the packages go to some clearinghouse or something and handled by another party. The first three things I’ve sold have been that way. Why do I keep getting sales cancellation notices about them ? How do I handle them ? I’ve shipped two of them and received that notices  week later. One piece I received the noticed and still have the item. Am I supposed to still ship it ? It’s very confusing and I’m concerned about negative feedback if I don’t ship it 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

One piece I received the noticed and still have the item.

@karenandmichael 

Are the BUYERS of these items still registered users?  

Can you tell us what the notice said, or post a screen shot removing any personal information?  

Is EBAY cancelling the sales, or are you getting requests from the buyers? 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

It sounds like you received the "Buyer is no longer a registered user" message? If that is the case then don't worry about the ones you shipped. Ebay will not take the money back from you. The third one you have not shipped is a judgement call probably. If the buyer paid and the payment posted, I personally would ship it if possible. But, I know the message says not to. I am not sure you can see the buyers shipping information anyway and will not be able to print the label from Ebay (I am going off memory as I have not had one of these in a while). Something happened to trigger the Ebay fraud alert on the buyer and it is possible that you never hear from them again or it is also possible they just need to validate their account and will be back. I have never had one that I had not shipped prior to the message. It is also possible you got the "restricted item" message which is totally different and just means the item you sent cannot be exported to the destination country. No big deal there either as you will keep the payment and Ebay refunds the buyer from their own dime and resells the item to a wholesaler.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@karenandmichael 

The best thing you can do in my opinion is NOT to offer best offers.  Just sell it buy it now, immediate payment required and no best offers.  You'll get more serious buyers and you'll actually be paid.  PS Your "No returns" policy will not hold water here on eBay.  No returns does not mean no refunds.  Consider changing your returns policy as you could loose both the item and the money.

Happy Holidays

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

After checking two of them are no longer registered users. The odd thing is they payed immediately after winning the auctions. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

I haven’t heard from the buyer of the item I haven’t shipped 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I know the “No Returns” is hooha 🤣. I didn’t realize it was on there. I will remove it Thank you for the quick response. Is t  hey ere a way to avoid selling internationally like the old days ? It seems like a real pain in the butt 

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@karenandmichael  ebay started automatically enrolling sellers in their ebay International Shipping. If you go to your Account, top left, then select shipping Preferences you should see on the very first line ebay International Shipping and a link to enroll or not.

It was very confusing as we had changed our preferences to no international orders sent using the old Ebay Global Shipping program because orders were delayed in shipping, The buyers opened an item Not received case, ebay refunded their payment, and the buyers then received the item a few days later. ebay responded that we should politely ask the buyer to pay again or send the item back.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Regarding international sales, there are several options there.  One is eBay's own service, eBay International Service, where overseas packages are shipped to forwarding services owned by eBay and from there on to the buyer.  Another is when a buyer uses a freight forwarder (not an eBay function) where his purchase is shipped to that FF and then on to the buyer.  In both cases, the seller's responsibility ends when the package arrives at those destinations.  Both of these are legitimate.

It's not clear from your message which of those would be involved in the cases you mention, but would suggest you learn more about these services and how they work.  

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@karenandmichael 

Hi there and thanks for your nice reply.  You can go into your shipping preferences when you list.  I only ship to Canada and the US.  Here's a link that can be helpful.  

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/setting-shipping-options?id=4089&st=3&pos=1&query=S...

Happy New Year

Message 10 of 10
latest reply