cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay asking me to verify my bank information again?

All of a sudden eBay is asking me to verify my bank info. I've been selling here and receiving my payouts through the same bank account for a year now. All of a sudden they need me to verify it again without explanation? 

iamjosiv_0-1695415086615.png

I submitted the info again and it's still giving me this. Has anyone else dealt with this?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

They do random stuff like that. Remember, the info you provide has to match exactly. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Hi @iamjosiv 

Have you thought about reaching out to social media via Facebook?  You may be better served.  Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/ebayForBusiness/

Tell them your situation and hopefully they'll be able to help you.

Good luck and wishing you a positive outcome

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@iamjosiv wrote:

All of a sudden eBay is asking me to verify my bank info. I've been selling here and receiving my payouts through the same bank account for a year now. All of a sudden they need me to verify it again without explanation? 

iamjosiv_0-1695415086615.png

I submitted the info again and it's still giving me this. Has anyone else dealt with this?

When did you submit the info "again"? It takes some time to review the info (a few days, a week, it varies).

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I submitted my Routing/Account # for my bank as soon as I saw the notice of holding my funds. So today, but it was saying it still couldn't verify. I contacted ebay and the agent told me I HAVE to do the microdeposit option. So I submitted for that, now I'm just waiting for those to pop up on my transaction history. I'm sure it will all be fine. It's just bewildering to me that eBay doesn't really give an explanation, just demands.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@iamjosiv wrote:

I submitted my Routing/Account # for my bank as soon as I saw the notice of holding my funds. So today, but it was saying it still couldn't verify. I contacted ebay and the agent told me I HAVE to do the microdeposit option. So I submitted for that, now I'm just waiting for those to pop up on my transaction history. I'm sure it will all be fine. It's just bewildering to me that eBay doesn't really give an explanation, just demands.

The banner won't go away until the verification is complete.

As far as the microdeposits, I have heard from posts here that this method often works better than the log-in to bank method.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I had to send the first page of my bank statement in email and it must have the bank logo on it. My bank gave me one for free...and black and white vs. color was OK.

Everything on first page of bank statement has to match eBay account...period.

And hopefully there is no spouse on same account.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

The banner going across the top of most ALL sellers is the one stating that they will have to 'VERIFY' annually (could be bank, could be identity, could be both) due to the new federal 'transparency' laws that went into effect June 1st, 2023. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

It happened to me the SECOND I crossed $3,000.00 in net proceeds (as in deposits to my bank account).

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Old thread from 9/2023 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply