cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Restriction on account for no reason-how to respond to that?

Hello Everyone, 

Hope all is well and sales are rocketing for y'all. I have a simple question (which I believe have been asked for million times) that I need to ask and get a proper reply. Because it is really extremely frustrating.

I opened a account on ebay.com about 2 years ago, just to see how I will do. I sell handmade leather accessories and bags. I mainly sell on Etsy and Amazon (over 4 years on both) along with my Shopify Store. I have sold thousands of products and received close to 2K of 5 star reviews total. 

Anyways, until this year, I only uploaded like 10-15 products and sold very few on ebay. This year, I decided to upload more of my products (I have over 2000 including variations) to see how it will go and it immediately picked up. Ok sales and 20+ 5 star reviews. Not 1 refund or return request. Not 1 claims opened..

But; All of a sudden, After receiving like 30+ sales in a week, my account was restricted. I looked up to see why and it only said that "I am a High Risk Seller".  That really did not make any sense to me so I wrote to ebay Support/Help. And the fun began.

First support told me (all are e-mail communications) that I am a high risk seller and it is over for me.  I did not give up and sent a second ticket. The second one said "too many claims". I sent a third one explaining I did not have any claims, and so this time they said "Bad reviews". I said "are you mental? I only have 5 star reviews"..4th one said " sorry no appeal is accepted, too many claims :))) So I sent the 5th one. Then 6th, 7th and 8th... Copy paste answers. Then after 5 weeks, this week, I saw that I could list 1 item only. The reason is "suspicious activity" so only allowed to sell 1 item. 

Anybody else had the same kind of issue before? Is it possible to contact a "account manager" on ebay and explain this situation ?

Any help will be much appreciated. Sorry to take your time.

Have a wonderful day/week.

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

@lwaleathe_65 

Sorry for your situation.  Your shop is very nice.  Were you selling on eBay and then shipping the same item from Amazon or Etsy? Retail arbitrage is a big no no on most internet sites.  Just asking a question here, as your photos here on eBay are displayed on both of those sites.  It also appears that a lot sellers from your area are being shut down due to this reason.   3rd party drop shipping is a big policy violation.  It doesn't matter if you have 5 star reviews or 100 percent positive feedback.  It's about selling behavior and what you can and cannot do on eBay concerning. 

What I can suggest is to do this...reach out on social media via Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/ebayForBusiness/

These agents are US CS eBay employees and may better serve you and your situation.  Many positive posts with their ability to be helpful.  In the past they were helpful concerning my issue at hand.  Give it a try & see if they can help you. 

Good luck to you!

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Thank you for your response, I will definitely try to reach out from there, too.  To answer your question, no I don't do any reselling/drop-shipping or arbitrage. All of them are my designs and my products, handcrafted. 

Best

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

It maybe because your listings use trademarked names of other products.  Have you paid those businesses to use their names in your listings?

Leather Laptop Sleeve for Samsung Galaxy Book 3, Samsung Case For 15.6 inch
Leather Laptop Sleeve for Lenovo Thinkpad, Handmade Lenovo Thinkpad Case
Leather Google Pixel Sleeve Handmade Tablet Case for Google Pixel Christmas Gift

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Hello, I really don't think this may be a reason because I just checked and saw that almost All of the sellers of laptop cases on ebay (including the Top Rated ones) use the same exact phrases. Since these are cases that are "compatible with those devices", I don't think that is the issue.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380680.m570.l1313&_nkw=macbook+sleeve&_sacat=0 

Thank you for your time and reply!

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

The item you have up now, the title says Lenovo Case.

You can't say it's a Lenovo Case if it isn't one.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

The second one said "too many claims". I sent a third one explaining I did not have any claims, and so this time they said "Bad reviews". I said "are you mental?

When a buyer uses feedback or a dispute to express displeasure with a seller, you as the seller can see that. But there are other methods for reporting a seller that the seller will never see.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

@toysaver wrote:
It maybe because your listings use trademarked names of other products.  Have you paid those businesses to use their names in your listings?

Leather Laptop Sleeve for Samsung Galaxy Book 3, Samsung Case For 15.6 inch
Leather Laptop Sleeve for Lenovo Thinkpad, Handmade Lenovo Thinkpad Case
Leather Google Pixel Sleeve Handmade Tablet Case for Google Pixel Christmas Gift

@lwaleathe_65,

@toysaver  is correct. You're not allowed to use brand names in your titles like that. Just because other sellers are doing it, does not mean that it is allowed. They just haven't gotten caught yet.

Your listings may have been reported for keyword-spamming (search manipulation) by annoyed buyers who were looking for brand-name cases and sleeves, or even laptops.

Your laptop cases are accessories, which are not made or licensed by the brands that you are mentioning. They would work with any laptop of about the same size, which means they are universally compatible. When you are listing accessories that are universally compatible, then you are not allowed to even say they are "for" or "fits" or "compatible with" any brand name.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/search-manipulation-policy?id=4243

lacemaker3_0-1713271668178.png

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

@lwaleathe_65 

Hoping for a positive outcome on your behalf.  Your work is beautiful. 

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

The OP said they also sell on Etsy & AMZ. How can it be retail arbitrage if they're shipping their own stuff just because they sell it on other sites as well?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@toomuchstuffagain35 

Again, just taking a shot and asking a question.  It seems to be a problem from where the OP is located and many from there have been suspended.  They didn't lend too much info other than their feedback and standings as an eBay seller.  Perhaps they got caught up in all the crossfire concerning 3rd party drop shipping.  Hopefully the facebook people can help them out. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

You have a solid point. Although ALL of the sellers are doing it. But, laptops are just 5-6% of my products. So it really must be something else..That's how I feel. 

Thank you for your time and reply!

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Thank you very much!

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Thank you all very much for your time ! Still not resolved. Still not replied by support. These venues are huge and very good to sell at but their support/help is really really bad. Many of them does not even understand the question but just copy paste replies..

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

@lwaleathe_65 

Sometimes it can take up to 24 hours as they are no doubt busy with other sellers/buyers.  Give it sometime.  I have never had the facebook reps not answer a question on my behalf.   Hang in there. 

Message 15 of 16
latest reply