cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Live...beta launch

https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-and-software/ebay-launches-new-live-shopping-platform-ebay-live/

"eBay is making it easier for people to buy collectible items with the beta launch of eBay Live on Thursday. The new platform lets people instantly buy items and interact with sellers and others in real time. 

"As the collector community grows, we're offering a new live platform that combines an engaging environment with incredible ease, allowing our community to come together over shared interests and merchandise," said Dawn Block, vice president of Collectibles, Electronics and Home at eBay.  

The first live shopping event will take place on June 22 and will feature rare trading cards from eBay seller Bleecker Trading. ... On top of being able to buy these items and more in the event, people will also be able to chat and connect with others...

People can also buy and sell NFTs on eBay. The company allows "trusted sellers who meet our high standards" to sell music, art, trading cards and entertainment NFTs. "

Other online info:

https://techcrunch.com/2022/06/16/ebay-launching-interactive-live-shopping-platform/

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ebay-launches-live-shopping-for-collectibles-301569417.html

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: eBay Live...beta launch

Better late than never, I suppose. The question is, will this tool ever be available to the average seller of stuff that isn't a high end trading card, sneakers, designer handbag, etc? They don't really seem to address that question anywhere that I've seen.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Rare trading cards and NFTs    😞

I guess the rest of us can go fly a kite.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

After spending hours on WhatNot today. Here's my thoughts on it and I hope eBay builds a better version of it.

WhatNot only gives you 10-20 seconds to bid (+ 10sec when someone bids), that's a very little time to decide if you want something or not. Sometimes I can't even see the item well due to the host only showing the front side of the item, one vtg clothing host tried to hide the flaw, I pointed out, then she's like "oh you're right, yeah this ones got a hole in it in the back, okay we're moving on to the next one". ??? Just because auction begins at $1, you shouldn't fool people like that.. so I can't imagine the post-bidding mess it's going to bring. 

also people were keep asking for a rerun, because nobody can be decisive in a short amount of time. Almost like there should be a post-live auctioning feature. Anything that didn't sell live converts into normal 7d auction. and/or allow replay of the auction etc.

Also WhatNot doesn't have that bidding competition spirit, because they only have a pool of 2-3000 live viewers on their platform. The host is not excited, neither the buyers.

Also I'm not able to join multiple bidding rooms. Like I want to open 3-4 rooms and bid wherever the heck I want. I don't want to be stuck in one room only.

WhatNot also doesn't provide cross-platform. I don't want to kill my phone batteries watching live videos. I do that on my PC and multi-task.

Oh and you have to press Pay after you win bid(s) and they charge tax + $5 shipping fee on top of the item price. You can link your Paypal, which is good.

It's still growing concept, but meeeeh. Only positive side is you could ask questions live and get the answers on spot.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@yankeebob1951 wrote:

https://www.ebay.com/livecommerce/event/register?eventid=177KUgm74CMzpENf

So, how do you get to ebay live on a PC?   The link above just takes you to some info screen asking you to download the app to your Apple or Android device.

Do I have to use the phone app?

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

Yes. Currently available only on phone app.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Today-s-ebay-Livestreaming-Shopping-Event-How-do-we-access-thi...

So, that's supposed to make it easier for people to buy.

I use a PC and I've always thought it was pretty easy to buy, find what you want and click the buy button.

Can't get much easier then that and don't have to download anything.

Have a great day
Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@kensgiftshop   It's beta. My guess is the format is easier to set up on Mobile, maybe they'll expand to PC eventually. Downloading the app is easy. I don't use the ebay app to list, but I do use it to research ---and sometimes to check these boards LOL. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

To watch a replay, go to the app's homepage. If it still has the blue "ebay Live beta" panel, click "join in", then click "Watch Recording"

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

@kensgiftshop   It's beta. My guess is the format is easier to set up on Mobile, maybe they'll expand to PC eventually. Downloading the app is easy. I don't use the ebay app to list, but I do use it to research ---and sometimes to check these boards LOL. 

About all I use the app for is to check messages and get notifications.

No way would I try buying or selling with it.

Have a great day
Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@kensgiftshop "No way would I try buying or selling with it."

Millions of people DO buy with the app. 

They do what they prefer, you do what you prefer, it's all good....

Message 12 of 12
latest reply