cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay International Scam

Sent an item to Switzerland from US.  It reached Zurich in 9 days.  Customer wasn’t home at time of any delivery attempts.  Package went to a delivery center.  I sent NUMEROUS updates to customer with no response.

Customer opened a claim while package was still in Zurich.  eBay International took my funds and immediately closed the case citing “no proof of delivery.”

I appealed.  It was denied (by eBay International) within an hour for same reason.

According to tracking, the package is now in Germany.  No one is able to help due to eBay International protecting the buyer.

1500+ sales, I’ve never been in this situation.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

eBay International Scam

Once the item is delivered to the Ebay international Shipping Hub you are no longer held responsible for refunding. Not sure what happened in your case. I would be contacting ebay for an explanation.

For some......It seems wisdom has been chasing you, but you have always been faster.
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

eBay International Scam

What is the advantage supposed to be to using Ebay Intl shipping when shipping to a 1st World PO like Switzerland from another 1st World PO like the US?   Why would it go to Germany - another customs jurisdiction - if returned from Switerland? 

I hope that item at least comes home and isn't "lost".

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

eBay International Scam

Hi krysscomics,

I just have a question because I've been selling for years now and wondered about opening up my selling to international buyers - but I've been afraid of scenarios like this!!

My question is, did you use eBay International Shipping?

The reason I ask is because they say, "With eBay International Shipping you can reach more buyers globally. We’ll handle international shipping, returns, and refunds on your behalf." It seems like using that, Ebay would have to confirm that they handled your item and it's not your fault after that. I don't really know how this option works, but I thought I'd ask.

Sorry about your situation.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

eBay International Scam

Missing information as to how it was mailed. California to Switzerland in 9 days...I might think that is rather fast.

So, it doesn't sound like it was in a shipping hub since it would be much longer than nine days.

And, I don't think you can get a refund before expected date of delivery with tracking.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply