cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Categories STILL NOT FIXED!

Sine eBay so kindly decided to close the thread about Item Categories & all the new updates, I am started a new thread! The old thread stated that all category updates have been completed. I have over 17,000 listings. Not all have been move. I would say about 10.000 listings are affected. On a quick check of my items, I still have butter dishes listed as bowls, water goblets listed as bowls, antique barber bottles listed as decorative figurines, antique child's toy dishes listed as Pottery & Glass> Cookware & Serveware> dishes, etc. I have called eBay almost every days since this debaucle happened. Now they say it is complete & we can change our categories & Item Specifics as needed. Well, I HAD ALL MY ITEMS IN THE RIGHT CATEGORIES. I HAD ALL THE ITEM SPECIFICS LISTED. Now eBay expects me to revise all of their errors??? Do you know how many hours, days, weeks & months it took me to do those listings? I am paying eBay for an Anchor Store subscription & I am NOT getting the service I pay for. It is not my problem to correct these listings. I have requested that a supervisor call me 3 different times, and no one has called! eBay has a policy that if items are listed in the wrong category, the seller could have the listing(s) removed. Well, isn't eBay is violation of their own policy? I do not have time for this! Will be filing a complaint with the BBB & bringing this to the attention of local TV news stations. I am sick & tired of this crap! And eBay, don't ever bother sending me a questionnaire about recommending selling on eBay to others! This is the worst rollout & customer service I have ever seen in 20 years with eBay! I want my listings fixed!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: eBay Categories STILL NOT FIXED!

I feel you're pain

The whole category change for fall update was a disaster for many sellers and (in my opinion) not very well thought out in impimintations. 

Many sellers still trying to recover from this 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

@valeries_trunk wrote:

Sine eBay so kindly decided to close the thread about Item Categories & all the new updates, I am started a new thread! The old thread stated that all category updates have been completed. I have over 17,000 listings. Not all have been move. I would say about 10.000 listings are affected. On a quick check of my items, I still have butter dishes listed as bowls, water goblets listed as bowls, antique barber bottles listed as decorative figurines, antique child's toy dishes listed as Pottery & Glass> Cookware & Serveware> dishes, etc. I have called eBay almost every days since this debaucle happened. Now they say it is complete & we can change our categories & Item Specifics as needed. Well, I HAD ALL MY ITEMS IN THE RIGHT CATEGORIES. I HAD ALL THE ITEM SPECIFICS LISTED. Now eBay expects me to revise all of their errors??? Do you know how many hours, days, weeks & months it took me to do those listings? I am paying eBay for an Anchor Store subscription & I am NOT getting the service I pay for. It is not my problem to correct these listings. I have requested that a supervisor call me 3 different times, and no one has called! eBay has a policy that if items are listed in the wrong category, the seller could have the listing(s) removed. Well, isn't eBay is violation of their own policy? I do not have time for this! Will be filing a complaint with the BBB & bringing this to the attention of local TV news stations. I am sick & tired of this crap! And eBay, don't ever bother sending me a questionnaire about recommending selling on eBay to others! This is the worst rollout & customer service I have ever seen in 20 years with eBay! I want my listings fixed!

I create the majority of my listings on dot ca with a very small number on dot com. To date most of the listings I had on dot com have been gradually hit with item specific requirements. Some were purged of specifics completely. Others partially. And last, a few needed 1 or 2 specifics added.

As for my dot ca listings its been a slow trickle requiring updating. Going by categories given in the announcement it should be between 50 and 75 in total.

I know I've been flagged for listing in the wrong category( it felt like there was going to be a firing squad at high noon for the infraction)  for accidentally (only because I was seeing what others were doing and copied). There was announcement on dot ca several years ago (Spring) stating that sellers would be given the opportunity to fix these kinds of situations. That never was an option in my situations. The announcement was slim on details and from my observations it was intended as filler only.

In the weekly Q & A on dot ca was able to confirm that N/A would be acceptable Feb 2022 as per Tyler. This still is not addressing how sellers should be completing Mixed lots accurately. The current way makes creating listings 

- yes, the category team has reviewed and taken feedback on their changes from that thread on .com. While there is no plan to alter or 'roll back' the category changes, the moves are now complete.

My understanding is that N/A will still be available for you to use in the event it's applicable come February.

Removing that announcement does not make sellers problems goes away. It brought up a good percentage of the concerns connected to the rollout. Many of those concerns have been completely ignored. Thank you for opening this one. Appreciated.  🙂

-Lotzofuniquegoodies

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Well, very bad news. I FINALLY had a supervisor call me back. Please refer to my opening post. I showed her specific examples of items being moved to the wrong categories. She basically told me that although she agreed with me concerns, there is nothing more the eBay techs can do to move things to the correct categories. It is up to us. So, with about 10,000 listings to be corrected, what should I do? Correct those listings or let them alone & keep listing new things. She understood how unfair & ridiculous this is, but said they are not able to move an antique barber bottle from Pottery & Glass, Decorative, Figurines to Collectibles > Bottles. I told her I wanted compensation for my time if I have to manually rework that many listings. She could only offer a 1 month Anchor Store fee, & that is pending approval. So I encourage everyone affected to call & request compensation for their time revising listings. After all, it is eBay who caused this disaster. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB, if only for the fact that it will affect their A+ rating. And I am going to go to some local news outlets. I am too old to be bullied in this way, and I am angry for all the sellers this has affected. VERY DISGUSTED RIGHT NOW!

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I had a similar thing last time they changed over just not to the high amount you say, maybe 1700 items.  They changed the specifics and it blanked all my listings specifics in certain areas and they had to be changed or it wouldn't relist after the change.  Even after that I went to change and they had the wrong specifics.  They had womens choices for the selection under mens clothing categories.  I had to manually type all the ones that blanked out and add specifics to the rest.  Took me about 10-12 hours for absolutely no reason.  Gladly the changes didn't affect my categories this time.  Maybe Ebay is taking turns on who to screw over.  I suggest leaving it alone but maybe changing higher priced items.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@valeries_trunk wrote:

. I will be filing a complaint with the BBB, if only for the fact that it will affect their A+ rating. And I am going to go to some local news outlets. I am too old to be bullied in this way, and I am angry for all the sellers this has affected. VERY DISGUSTED RIGHT NOW!

Weird, they do have an A+ on BBB but their rating score is 1.08 out of 5?

1  star out of 5 Stars, how come?

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I can feel your disgust through the screen and I don't blame you one bit.  I wonder if your sales will be fine without updating everything.  They really look good to me, but I don't know what is normal for someone of your size.  I know the required spec have to be entered, though.

I have to say, your posts prompted me to go look at your items and your photos absolutely kick butt.  I'm a bit down after looking around and know I need to fire my photographer---me.😥

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Awww... It took me many years to get to where I am. I am sure your photos are just fine! And thanks for the complement! I just cannot believe how eBay has caused such a disaster. I think I am going to revise the highest to lowest - a few a day, if any. & just let them where they are. May eBaay's slow sales will wake someone up!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

The " A+ " rating comes from them responding to complaints only. It does not rate their ability to resolve problems. If they fail to respond to a complaint then their rating will drop. The BBB is powerless to make them do anything.

Still if enough people file a complaint. It will drive them crazy.

eBay will probably delete this post as they have done in the past.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@valeries_trunk wrote:

This is the worst rollout & customer service I have ever seen in 20 years with eBay! 

Just you wait.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I’m in agreement and in the same boat but a much smaller seller that deals in mostly EAPG and ABP (have bought from you before) All my visibility and sales in the past several weeks down to slim picking and for the first time a big - no bid week on auctions or buy it now… I don’t know who - what they have as decision makers in working against their sellers but they have totally lost touch with the Antiques Market. The sad thing is there is no one to contact for help …..

Message 11 of 11
latest reply