cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dealing with not honest buyer

He made an offer on my Ebay and I accepted. next day he asked to cancel order and I said unless you pay listing fee first (I just to make sure ebay will refund me first then i will refund full listing fee back to him). He refused to do that way, so I filed unpaid item and he pay right away.

A week after received the item he filed thru ebay the item is not as described (rusted). Lucky I took pics when i packed to ship and replied thru ebay resolution center. He want to return and get full refund first, then changed hsi mind to ask for $50 for his time to clean it up. Couple days later Ebay fovor him on this case and ask him to return item back to me. I called Ebay to explain we agree that i pay him  $50. He also agress bring item into his local office for inspection when i file a claim. A week later he told me he got a letter from USPS, so he brought the letter and item there for inspection and they took pics. Few weeks went by i got a letter from USPS saying that there is not record to show item has been inspected. I contacted him and ask if he would go back to confirm or ask for any note to prove that item has been isnpected. He said he will in couple days. Few days later I asked him and he said he did talked to same laday , she wrote down information and will get it done later. I believe him all this time. Few weeks went by, i got letter from USPS saying that still no record the item has been inspected. So i asked him for anything to prove that he went to USPS with item. He never reply.

He has his own business but not honest and he is a jerk over couple hundred dollars item

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@biker-machinist wrote:

He made an offer on my Ebay and I accepted. next day he asked to cancel order and I said unless you pay listing fee first (I just to make sure ebay will refund me first then i will refund full listing fee back to him). He refused to do that way, so I filed unpaid item and he pay right away.

A week after received the item he filed thru ebay the item is not as described (rusted). Lucky I took pics when i packed to ship and replied thru ebay resolution center. He want to return and get full refund first, then changed hsi mind to ask for $50 for his time to clean it up. Couple days later Ebay fovor him on this case and ask him to return item back to me. I called Ebay to explain we agree that i pay him  $50. He also agress bring item into his local office for inspection when i file a claim. A week later he told me he got a letter from USPS, so he brought the letter and item there for inspection and they took pics. Few weeks went by i got a letter from USPS saying that there is not record to show item has been inspected. I contacted him and ask if he would go back to confirm or ask for any note to prove that item has been isnpected. He said he will in couple days. Few days later I asked him and he said he did talked to same laday , she wrote down information and will get it done later. I believe him all this time. Few weeks went by, i got letter from USPS saying that still no record the item has been inspected. So i asked him for anything to prove that he went to USPS with item. He never reply.

He has his own business but not honest and he is a jerk over couple hundred dollars item

You caused a lot of problems for yourself.

Forget the listing fee, you should have just refunded him. Now it's going to cost you a lot more than a listing fee.

Cheers, C.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

You have less than 10 recent selling feedback and are lsting and selling thousand dollar items.  I have few words of encouragement for you.

Everything you did is the very reason I advise that new sellers should have as much recent selling feedback as the dollar value of the item. That way they will know and understand how ebay's dispute system will work against them. 

ebay does NOT operate the way people think it should.  ebay's policies are buyercentric, sellers rarely win a case anymore, no matter how much they think they can.

Your first mistake after listing high dollar items on a low seller feedback id was to think/believe that if you took pics or videoed the packing/package would make a difference - it doesn't,  in all my experience, ebay has never looked at evidence that isn't on the actual ebay site and when they do, they still find for the buyer , because a sellers evidence can be faked, and according to ebay never the buyers evidence.

The next thing wrong was not understanding how the ebay dispute system works.  A seller has ONLY two options once a buyer files a not described case - either fully refund OR send the buyer a ship label so the buyer can send back their trash so the seller can fully refund them for it.  There is nothing else and once the buyer has the money - ebay doesn't care about whether the buyer sends the item back to the seller.  The buyer has money, the case is closed - the seller is out.  Done.

I suggest you take a look at ebay's money back guarantee (notice the word guarantee) and try to find and translate ebay's seller protection and see how that will benefit you - the seller.  Then go over your ebay business plan again with your eyes open.

(*Bleep*)
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Next time return ,refund ,block.  Best regards

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@sin-n-dex wrote:

@biker-machinist wrote:

You caused a lot of problems for yourself.

Forget the listing fee, you should have just refunded him. Now it's going to cost you a lot more than a listing fee.

Cheers, C.

I would if it is less than $50 to ship but it is big hevay item, the cost to ship to him and send it back is not cheap (couple of hundred dollars) that the seller have to cover

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

true! It was easier and better to just cancel when they requested...
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I agree with retrose. Don`t sell things online that you can`t afford to lose, especially if you don`t know the rules and procedures. You have to protect yourself as best as you can by learning the rules and procedures of the platform. If you have a problem, you know you can come here 1st and explain, in detail your problem and more than likley get some solid advice. You can`t force a buyer to purchase an item they don`t want nor can you try to get them to pay your insertion fees. had you just cancelled as the buyer requested you would have got your FVF back from ebay.

I`m not fully understanding your post. Has the buyer filed a return request with ebay? If they did it would be sent to your ebay messages from ebay.

"There`s always barber college" - Dalton - Road House
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@biker-machinist wrote:

next day he asked to cancel order 

You could have saved yourself some trouble and money by just canceling when they ask you to.

Have a great day.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Now you know why it’s in your best interest to cancel when the buyer requests it. And you can’t withhold any money either, you have to refund the entire payment.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 9 of 9
latest reply