cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

counterfit usps stamps

I talked to post office and I could do nothing until I bought stamps. I bought a roll of 2017 forever stamps.  I opened package in front of my postmaster . She inspected and said they are counterfit. She opened a fraud case with postal inspectors and seized the counterfit stamps. Ebay needs to do their part and stop the sale of counterfit stamps. I want a full refund from this crooked seller.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

counterfit usps stamps

I hope you were given a receipt for the seized counterfeits.

And presuming that they were not described as counterfeit, I hope you also opened up a case to get your money back.

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

counterfit usps stamps

Hopefully the post office will take action against the seller this can include jail time for such fraud. You could also report buyer to ebay.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

counterfit usps stamps

@louies1948 wrote:

I talked to post office and I could do nothing until I bought stamps. I bought a roll of 2017 forever stamps.  I opened package in front of my postmaster . She inspected and said they are counterfit. She opened a fraud case with postal inspectors and seized the counterfit stamps. Ebay needs to do their part and stop the sale of counterfit stamps. I want a full refund from this crooked seller.

eBay requires you to return something to get a refund. If you have no stamps you can't return them. You can however return the receipt that says they are counterfeit.

C.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

counterfit usps stamps

@sin-n-dex wrote:

@louies1948 wrote:

eBay requires you to return something to get a refund. If you have no stamps you can't return them. You can however return the receipt that says they are counterfeit.

C.

@louies1948 

You need to open a case with the person who sold you these. As sin said above, since the stamps were counterfeit and confiscated, you should return the receipt stating that if the seller approves a return. Perhaps though the seller will not do anything and you can have ebay step in after the 4 days.

Never before has there been a more fitting application for the "doesn't seem authentic" return reason. 😄

Jokes aside, this is quite serious, and if the person who sold you these is the one producing them, then that person needs to go to jail...

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

counterfit usps stamps

China is pretty good at duplicating things. Seems they could have done a better job.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

counterfit usps stamps

@louies1948 

...did the Postmaster issue any papers regarding seizing your property for investigation...???

...if not, go back to that PO and demand a receipt or a concern letter about your counterfeit stamps...also print out your eBay order details page for future needed...

...you don't want Postal Inspectors knocking your door because of some unnecessary confusion...

(...speaking from a true event...)

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

counterfit usps stamps

Sometimes saying nothing is the best policy but not tonight.  I know of at least ten places within five miles of my primary home that sells stamps.  Ebay is not one of them.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

counterfit usps stamps

I returned the receipt that says they are counterfeit.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

counterfit usps stamps

I only bought them so I could prove they are counterfeit. I could not get anything done unless I had proof.  This fraud could make our postage rates go even higher.  I  love our country and do not like crime ungainst it

Message 10 of 10
latest reply