cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coin coins post taken down replica they say

IMG_0245.jpeg

IMG_0246.png

 have to love it. Had a certified coin that I sent away myself to get certified and someone decided to flag it as a replica and Ebay agreed. And you can’t even dispute it with eBay. That doesn’t make sense. And the same coin is pictured on the NGC website. My competition must not be happy that I’m selling a much higher detailed variety than what they have. It’s the top detail NC-1 on EBay. 

IMG_0245.jpeg

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I don't know enough about coins but it could be the company that graded the coin. I know in sports cards Ebay only allows specific companies that grade cards to be listed.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I had one that they wouldn't even let me post because it was from Cuba.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

@the_purple_monkey 

I believe Items (coins, cigars, etc.) from Cuba are embargoed, so that cannot be sold on eBay & most sites.  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I also had coins taken down and I have been a collector/dealer for 25 years.  Someone contacted me on eBay to purchase the coins well below the selling price.  When I declined, he told me he was going to use his Facebook group to have the coins taken down from eBay.  eBay removed the coins about a week later under a ‘counterfeit item claim’.  Multiple low feedback accounts then sent me messages gloating about how they ‘got me’.

NGC is the World leader in coin grading.  Your coin is 100% authentic, although in damaged corroded condition.  NGC’s grading experts are the best in the World, and they authenticated and holdered your coin.

Even though your coin is authentic, do not relist it.  eBay will suspend you.  I am not sure why this is occurring, a few other dealers have been reporting this issue as well.  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Ebay has prevented me from listings for the stock certificate of a US company called Cuban Cafe.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

If the competition has a problem with that it's a free market, however they should not be disgruntled or annoyed if another seller has a higher grade coin either silver or gold.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply