cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

claimed damaged product

I sold a doll to a woman and I received a message that the doll had arrived damaged - "broken in 3 places." I immediately contacted her to express my dismay and asked her to send me the photos.  It has been over a week and I have not received a reply or request for refund. I checked her ratings and there has been nothing negative written about her.  What the heck!

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: claimed damaged product

Not as described was really for those that ship a bag of oranges instead of a leather jacket. The item 'sent' was AS DESCRIBED and we all know it was 'broken' along the way (many hands, many items piled on top etc.). It was NOT the fault of the seller and NOT intentional, so why should they tell them to open a return that will hurt themselves and is NOT accurate? 

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

Do what @stainlessenginecovers  said.  Nothing.  Wait & see if they open a case or go away.  You may very well be correct that they thought they were gonna scam you & decided better of it.   Don't do anything at this point!   ETA:  I absolutely would NOT have them open a SNAD with the present situation. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

Not as described was really for those that ship a bag of oranges instead of a leather jacket. The item 'sent' was AS DESCRIBED and we all know it was 'broken' along the way (many hands, many items piled on top etc.). It was NOT the fault of the seller and NOT intentional, so why should they tell them to open a return that will hurt themselves and is NOT accurate? 

Because the alternative, buyer opening a cc chargeback is worse. 

Seller's fault or not, if indeed the buyer received a broken item, buyer's item is NAD and the buyer is entitled to a refund if a case is opened!

@vmliferesources 

Was the item the "Vintage Madame Alexander Scarlett O'Hara Series 1595, 14 Inch Tall Doll 1990s" for which the feedback you'd left the buyer was removed? For that, you received a ding to YOUR account. You need to remember what @soh.maryl said in post # 15 . Seller can ONLY leave positive comments and if a seller leaves a contradictory feedback (neg message) for the buyer, it can be removed. 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

I did not remove any feedback. The buyer messaged me and I replied, but she never asked for a return or replied to my message.

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

thank you.

Message 20 of 30
latest reply

I said something similar, "Oh, that's horrible......please send me photos so I can start a claim with the post office...."

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

thank you. I don't make a lot of sales or money, but I do try to describe honestly and ship carefully.

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

actually I did not know that. I have never tried to leave a negative review - even though with some of my buyers I have wanted to!

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

I didn't say the buyer is not due a refund after returning the item. I am responding to another that said to tell the buyer to open a NAD.

As I stated, NAD intention is for things that are completely NOT what you purchased- not for Damaged.

The alternative is for the buyer to open a return as 'Received Damaged' which is NOT the same as "Not As Described"

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

@vmliferesources wrote:

thank you.

You're welcome, but the Solution should really go to @stainlessenginecovers  he/she/they are the ones that said it. 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

Item damaged and item not as described are basically the same thing. They affect a seller in exactly the the same way.  There are only two types of returns…buyers remorse OR a not as described return which can be fur shipping damage, wrong item etc, etc, 

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

@vmliferesources wrote:

thank you.

You're welcome, but the Solution should really go to @stainlessenginecovers  he/she/they are the ones that said it. 

@simply-the-best-for-you 

Thanks, but not a big deal- as long as the poster gets the info they need. BTW- I'm a 'He'. 

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers wrote:

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

@vmliferesources wrote:

thank you.

@simply-the-best-for-you 

Thanks, but not a big deal- as long as the poster gets the info they need. BTW- I'm a 'He'. 

@stainlessenginecovers  I thought you were a "he", but wans't 100% so didn't want to offend.  I also thought you were like me & didn't really care who got the "solution", but I know some people really care, so just wanted to give credit where credit is due.  Have a great day! 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

thank you.

Message 29 of 30
latest reply

Nothing wrong with that. I have a cell phone no home phone but anyway I keep my cell off all the time cause it’s annoying. I only turn it on if I’m expecting a call. I hate cell phones. 

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 30 of 30
latest reply