cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't buy shipping labels out of paypal balance anymore

Instead it said "paypal unavailable" and I had to use my bank account to buy a label... This is annoying, and I don't like it this way. I would prefer to pay my ebay fees and buy shipping labels out of a paypal balance like before. You know, use the money the buyer just paid to pay those things. 

I don't know if this has anything to do with it:

• Account
    There’s a problem with your account. Be sure to resolve it to restore full account access.
    Resolve Account Issue

I click the "resolve account issue" and it takes me to summary with no further information. 

Before I scour the internet, is this just an ebay change about not using paypal to buy shipping anymore? Or is all on my end? 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: can't buy shipping labels out of paypal balance anymore

You should have gotten one or more emails from PayPal starting around beginning of March, but many did not.

You don't need a business account - just to provide the requested info to meet the requirements to have a cash account attached to the personal account.

You'd have to provide the same and probably more info to set up a business account anyway, and I haven't seen any need for one - except, I believe better reports and reporting functions may be a part of a business account.

The screenshot I posted has no link to a Cash account - that red highlighted line is just informational.

There should be info somewhere in your PayPal account (notifications maybe?) about how to upgrade the account. I can't find any links to do so (the one in my email is keyed to my account, and just dumps out on my summary page since I'm already upgraded).

You may have to call PayPal if you can't find a way into the online info verification flow.

Addendum: we crossposted while I was poking around looking for info. Looks like you got it figured out.

Was there a notification in your PP account that took you to the dialog asking for the SSN, address, etc documents?

View Best Answer in original post

Message 11 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

I am told that there are no limitations on my paypal account. 

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Paypal made some changes about 2 months ago.  It appears you have a personal account and Paypal requires you to now have a business account in order to use your Paypal balance to pay for purchases.  Here is a link to more info on this and how to make changes.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/policy-updates-and-user-agreement-changes-to-personal-pa....

Good Luck Selling!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Federal regulations forced PayPal changes at the end of March for personal PayPal accounts.

If you have a Business PayPal account, then this does not apply, and you need to check your PayPal preapproved authorizations to make sure your PayPal balance is the default for eBay shipping

https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/autopay/

If you have a personal account, and the info PayPal has wasn't current or sufficient for Cash Account or Cash Plus Account to automatically be opened for you then, you can not spend your PayPal balance for anything, including eBay labels.

If your PayPal account doesn't have a Cash Account or Cash Plus Account attached you will need to jump through the hoops, and provide the requested info.

Paypal_summary_screenshot_060119_Cash_Plus_Account_indicator.gif

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Is-there-ANY-way-to-have-shipping-labels-cost-taken-from-paypa...

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I was not in the loop for that... I guess I will set up a business account and cash account. Thank you both very much!!
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

I don't see that on my page because I transferred the money. Is there another way to get that link?

Thank you so much for replying!
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

You don't need a "new" account.  Just upgrade the one you have.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@pandybear wrote:
I don't see that on my page because I transferred the money. Is there another way to get that link?

Thank you so much for replying!

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-upgrade-my-paypal-account-type-faq900

Good Luck Selling!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

It wants a legal business name, which I don't have.
Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Ok, I got it now. I will set this up for the cash account. Just got to get the document/pictures for id ssn address. I will get to work on this.

Thank you all for the help!! 🙂 

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

You should have gotten one or more emails from PayPal starting around beginning of March, but many did not.

You don't need a business account - just to provide the requested info to meet the requirements to have a cash account attached to the personal account.

You'd have to provide the same and probably more info to set up a business account anyway, and I haven't seen any need for one - except, I believe better reports and reporting functions may be a part of a business account.

The screenshot I posted has no link to a Cash account - that red highlighted line is just informational.

There should be info somewhere in your PayPal account (notifications maybe?) about how to upgrade the account. I can't find any links to do so (the one in my email is keyed to my account, and just dumps out on my summary page since I'm already upgraded).

You may have to call PayPal if you can't find a way into the online info verification flow.

Addendum: we crossposted while I was poking around looking for info. Looks like you got it figured out.

Was there a notification in your PP account that took you to the dialog asking for the SSN, address, etc documents?

Message 11 of 11
latest reply