cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buyer that has put in disputes to credit card company is buying again off new name

so i had a guy a few month back buy a few items and couple months after he purchased the item i got a dispute from his credit card company that he does not recognize the transaction. dispute has been open for 2 months now and no money hold.

so a buyer just bought some stuff and asked questions about some other stuff. he also mentioned he has purchased from me in the past( the same two items that he put the dispute on he mentioned in this new name) so i looked up same address and now has a new account and is buying from me again. not sure what i should do? he bought 1 item buy it now and is bidding on other items. 

not sure what to do i blocked his other name but of course he has a new name and is mentioning how happy he was with the other purchases. same purchases that still have a open dispute. 

what should i do just sell him the stuff that he paid for. 

Message 1 of 37
latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

Re: buyer that has put in disputes to credit card company is buying again off new name

@incrediblefinds199 wrote:

well charge back is not a issue as your protected with tracking. they don't hold any money but it principle he's screwing over the card company with false claims. i could have cancelled with buyers shipping address issue but he already paid so at that point he can still leave feedback.  i even talked to a supervisor and she confirmed, and he is reported that's why i have full feedback protection. only if i ship  it though. stupid but i got to go with that i guess.  there putting a investigation cause he confirmed he received them with the message he sent today. 

perhaps, perhaps not.

perhaps, perhaps not.

Message 16 of 37
latest reply

Re: buyer that has put in disputes to credit card company is buying again off new name

...I would cancel the sales as "problem with address"...

...and I also have a courage to send a message to that buyer asking him about all the transaction disputes that he filed with his credit card...I would question him how come he bragged about how wonderful of his feelings of purchasing my beautiful items then stabbing behind my back with the knife of unrecognized transaction...???...and even if he cancelled the disputes, I still think twice then back-off before allowing myself to involve in any business relationship with this gentleman, very untrustworthy person...

...now, some will say "this is business, don't let your personal feeling takes over"...well, every relationships last long when everybody made a choice to respectfully honor it, work for it, fight for it and keep it...with and without feeling...(a human being is not a robot)

...btw, did his disputes settle yet or still in investigation...?...it can drag on up to 180 days, and you still can lose both your money and your items at the end of settlement because eBay won't fight for you or won't let you directly dealing with credit card company...

Message 17 of 37
latest reply

well charge back is not a issue as your protected with tracking. they don't hold any money but it principle he's screwing over the card company with false claims.

Only if he's using the same credit card issuer/network.

Message 18 of 37
latest reply

no the disputes been open 2 months

i mentioned this with other repliers thanks to all replied but if i do cancel he can leave me bad feedback but if i follow through with the transaction they put a block up on my feedback from him. was like really that don't seem right talked to a manager supervisor and they went through it with me. opened a report and found them the info and they confirmed it was the same fellow and maybe that helps them i dunno all i know is i got a sale and cant get a negative from it and he is now blocked, his bid is overbidded so i think now that he is blocked he cant bid anymore. not much else i can do at this point, i do have a decision sell it or risk bad feedback i think i will save me from a red donut all though i did have red velvet donut the other day and was great but i think a red ebay donut might not be as good. lol   

eBay's got lots of info for the case, hopefully they do something. 

i would have not caught on unless he mentioned the great items he got from me on his old account name. i think he does not know he is blocked under his old account and does not know that i can see the credit card dispute cause he didn't open the card company did. i recently stepped up my game ive had 1400 sales past 6 months so no way i would have remembered his name. 

Message 19 of 37
latest reply

i called ebay and they told me to just ship the item and they put a block on the buyer he can no longer leave me feedback.  that was the only way i can be protected if i cancel the transaction he can leave me bad feedback. but they are going to investigate as his old account is a no longer a registered user. and he now has a new account. they are going to use his message as evidence for the insurance company. 

so ebay said sell this one item cancel any bids and block him and he will not be allowed to leave feedback on my account at all. i even confirmed with a manager. 

ebay reps are not always helpful i had a customer cancel a sale a month ago and it canceled fine but for some reason it has me as a defect as tracking not uploaded. called they said it would be off in 24-48 hours and its been two weeks still there. so they are useless most of the time. 

they also told me best not to message him back.

Wow all the wrong things to do..... Typical....

Should have canceled the item (due to address) and put em on your blocked bidders list...

Message 20 of 37
latest reply

you got to look at it like this perhaps perhaps not

perhaps i take a strangers advice or take advice on ebay staff. ( i am taking everyone's advice into consideration) most things in life are perhaps and perhaps not. note the point of that reply. that's why i don't care for the forum sometimes people keep something simple going with well maybe this could happen. 

perhaps fall down the stairs carrying these heavy boxes or perhaps not( did i just jynx myself)

perhaps i may win this lottery ticket

those words are irrelevant cause they can be used in any life scenarios or any scenario at all. 

Message 21 of 37
latest reply

like i said he paid and can leave me bad feedback i am trying to protect my feedback here. if he didnt pay he could not leave me feedback and i could have done that.

i haven't shipped the item yet either. 

i see your posts on everyones post and you always have to put your 2 cents in when its not needed give your advice and move on.   

Message 22 of 37
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I love how the solution is always to contact Ebay through Facebook.   Some of us choose to not use that garbage website where everyone is cheated like a child, so what about us?   We don't get ebay support?   Where does the money go that I pay monthly for my store subscription, where does the fee money go that ebay charges me on every sale I made?   Does it go up someones nose?   It sure as hell does not get spent on support, because there never is any.  

Message 23 of 37
latest reply

Chargebacks appear to be the scammers new best friend. Your situation does not surprise me in the least and it is probably not the last one that will show up on this forum. What surprises me is that it has been over 2 months with no resolution. Usually these are resolved within days with the seller almost always coming out on the short end of the stick loosing the item and the buyer being refunded. Then the CC company tacks on an extra $20 processing fee. 

Message 24 of 37
latest reply

like i said he paid and can leave me bad feedback i am trying to protect my feedback here. if he didnt pay he could not leave me feedback and i could have done that.

i haven't shipped the item yet either. 

i see your posts on everyones post and you always have to put your 2 cents in when its not needed give your advice and move on.   

Your problem and your money and goods to lose...or maybe not.

Good luck I have given advice as I can,  and it is what I would do...

Yet with all of the info you have given: did you ask the user why they did a charge back??

One of the major problems with the new payment system is a charge that says eBay and a string of number follows: some users do not even realize it was for a purchase and do a charge back. ... Just saying....

Message 25 of 37
latest reply

you are protected by charge backs ebay managed payments and paypal will cover 100 % before i switched to managed payments they would just pop on and close in 48 hours on paypal.  i had that happen twice on paypal. if you ever get charged then call. the disputes open but i have not holds on money. 

Message 26 of 37
latest reply

"so a buyer just bought some stuff and asked questions about some other stuff. he also mentioned he has purchased from me in the past( the same two items that he put the dispute on..."

It seems that not only is the buyer circumventing the block but they are also taunting you.

If you live in fear of receiving negative feedback, you open yourself to abuse from those you fear.

The scammer here could give you negative feedback for anything. Sending more to them is asking for trouble in my opinion. I would also never respond to them.

"well charge back is not a issue as your protected with tracking."

False

Tracking showing delivery will protect you for "item not received" claims only  but tracking will not prevent a buyer from disputing and winning a claim with their bank. In charge-backs, you have no protection. If the buyer said they never received an item but you have tracking showing delivery, then you maybe would have a chance to fight their bank, if the conversation with the buyer was documented. Otherwise, ebay cannot and will not protect you from bank charge-backs.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 27 of 37
latest reply

yes i got hacked by india on my facebook. they want me to send a pic pf myself showing my id and me at the same time  and had to wait two weeks for them to disclose what happened. same day my account was signed in by two ip addresses in new hampshire my phone and pc and two attempts from india. i dont use facebook at all so i could care less about getting it running. nothing but drama. i like to keep it simple. 

Message 28 of 37
latest reply

You need to cancel the transaction and block his new account, lest you face another fraudulent chargeback and additional loss. He will likely leave a neg but you can have Ebay remove it by explaining the situation. 

You further need to tell the buyer that you will decline all future orders from him regardless of which account through which he orders. 

Message 29 of 37
latest reply

@incrediblefinds199 

You will find this at the bottom of the page.

The burden of proof is (if you have reason to belive it's the same person).

2020 Spring Seller Update - Updates to how you service your customers

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/seller-updates/2020-spring/service.html 

1.jpg

Message 30 of 37
latest reply