cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocked a lowball buyer today and his wife bought the same item tonight

Ok, so early today I blocked a buyer for offering 1.00 for a sports card that I had 1.29 on, so I declined his offer, then he messages me "How low will you go?"...I messaged back its only 1.29 and then I blocked him...well tonight it sold and when I was printing out the label I noticed same address and same last name with a females name, so now I'm worried they will leave me bad feedback because I blocked the male earlier, really ? you can't just pay the 1.29? I'm a top rated seller, so not sure if they leave bad feedback about me blocking him over lowballing if it will ruin my 100% feedback I work very hard to keep and now might be ruined over a 1.29...stressed out now...if that happens what advice can anyone help me with.

Thanks

Message 1 of 54
latest reply
53 REPLIES 53

Re: blocked a lowball buyer today and his wife bought the same item tonight

Looks like you've already gotten great advice. One more thing that I can think of is to check the "wife's" Feedback Left For Others. Hopefully, there won't be a string of negative Feedback. If there is, your suspicions will be confirmed; if not, you're likely in the clear.

Message 16 of 54
latest reply

@atlasesattic wrote:

Thank you I will definitely bulk edit all of them tomorrow as BIN no more offers

Did you have best offer enabled on this listing?  If so, I don't understand the outrage about receiving an offer.

Message 17 of 54
latest reply

I can't figure out what is more intriguing,

a buyer who offers 29 cents less than the asking price,

or a seller who declines a offer 29 cents less than the asking price,

or a seller who blocks a buyer for offering 29 cents less than the asking price.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 18 of 54
latest reply

Not sure I understand.  Why not just ignore the offer? At either $1.29 or $1.00, you can't be making any money.

Plus why would someone with 1009 FB be worried about the possibility of one negative FB? Guess I don't understand the current seller climate on eBay. 

Message 19 of 54
latest reply

As you've realized having B/O on a $1.29 item was a mistake..........silly to even to think about.

To forestall a neg..........I would include a "I'm sorry I blocked your husband on this item" note in the package....saying that my brain obviously wasn't in gear when I put B/O on the listing and when I refused and blocked his offer........   You could also say you will refund the entire amount when the item is received......  Do NOT refund until after you mail it......or it could look like an Out of stock.....

All you can do is all you can do.......... 

Message 20 of 54
latest reply

Blocking because, who has the gall to make an offer on 1.29.....ridiculous if you can't afford 1.29, then you shouldn't be shopping, and it wasn't 30 cents, he messaged me asking me to go lower....the 29 cents wasn't the issue,  the issue was even offering less then a dollar....and I'm not the only one who blocks low ballers....so this shouldn't be nothing new.

Message 21 of 54
latest reply

Like I said in my post, I declined the dollar offer, so what irritated me is he messages me....how low will you go? I thought someone was playing a joke on me at first, as for make an offer I didn't realized I had make an offer on such a low priced card not thinking anyone would send an offer on 1.29.

Message 22 of 54
latest reply

@atlasesattic  "Blocking because, who has the gall to make an offer on 1.29."

Well now, that would be a Buyer who sees a Seller's Best Offer option on a $1.29 item, wouldn't it?

Message 23 of 54
latest reply

I guess not.... once again it's not about the 29 cents....its about the gall to ask for less then 1.00. 

Message 24 of 54
latest reply

Thank you....some of you are so nice and helpful 😊 

Message 25 of 54
latest reply

If I allow offers I will sometimes set a lowest acceptable amount. I then have a template I just cut and paste that advises them to make the offer via the listing and if its too low it will auto decline and that is the lowest we are willing to go. I just send that to anyone who emails asking like this and don't bother blocking them unless they keep emailing. 

Message 26 of 54
latest reply

When you're allowing offers on your items, are you aware you can set your requirements so that an offer below a certain amount is AUTOMATICALLY declined?  

Message 27 of 54
latest reply

Have you ran your numbers? Seen a couple of listings where you lose money ( packing, fee, shipping is more than the price you list).

Message 28 of 54
latest reply

Fretting over ONE buyer that MIGHT leave neg feedback is a waste of your energy. ANY buyer at ANY time can do that. 99% of buyers don't look at your feedback anyway, AND you also can respond to feedback, politely, explaining your side. 

No need to stress about it. 

The ONLY time I ever look at feedback, is if I suspect a seller is drop shipping from China. Other than that, who really cares what a seller's feedback is? Buyer protections mean I have absolutely NO worries about buying here. I will never lose money as a buyer here. Ebay protects me, Paypal protects me, and my bank protects me. Your feedback means a big, fat, nothing here. My concerns as a buyer are covered. 

Message 29 of 54
latest reply

The sports cards and coins are mostly bulk sales, not to mention they bring up my stores totals

Message 30 of 54
latest reply