Selling
Looking for something new to sell? Find out how to sell and connect with other members for advice.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

ASK ME ABOUT: Product Research (formerly known as Terapeak)

Hello Everyone, We're thrilled to announce the launch of our brand-new interactive series, which is set to take the place of our former "Monthly Chat with eBay Staff" program. This series is designed to bring you closer to the heart of eBay's operati...

6 days. Zero sales. eBay is becoming a joke.

Well, now going on day 6 of zero sales here which is INSANE for my business. I did get one or two absurd low ball offers that were just ridiculous. Like 10% of my asking price. Yeah, NO. Meanwhile, on another site I sell on, I just had one of my best...

Resolved! Buyer made false claim - Have appealed

Hello. This is a little lengthy, so bear with me folks. I sold an Amazon echo dot this past week to a buyer. The buyer recieved and could not follow the manufacturer's instructions to set up [even provided instructions to reset, since they were havin...

PayPal charging fees on taxes collected and taken by ebay

This seems like another scam that favors the big corporation PayPal. I never see a dime of the taxes collected by eBay, yet PayPal is charging me 2.9% state taxes collected and close to 4% on taxes collected from Australian buyers which I, the seller...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 12 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Selling a brand new iphone, buyers asking to end auction and sell to them off ebay

So, I have not sold anything on ebay for years now. I listed this brand new iPhone in auction style listing that I have been getting a lot of requests from potential buyers to give them a final price and send them a paypal invoice to their email addr...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Discount

I have a customer that wants to puchase 2 of my items and I was going to give him $5 off. When I went to send the invoice, it won't let me do that. I tried to put in a % off but it keeps saying invalid format. Please help ASAP. Thanks!!

New to selling. Need help avoiding getting scammed.

I have made a sale on eBay after listing my account up for a popular mobile game. It has auto-relisted for about 2 months before the bids started. 4 bids were placed and the item was sold yesterday. The buyer has not paid or responded to my eBay mess...

User avatar by Rising Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

PAYPAL FEES CHARGED TO SELLER FOR SALES TAX PAID BY BUYER

Sales tax paid by the buyer goes to ebay to remit to the buyer's state. If the seller never has it in their possession, why does Paypal charge the seller a fee (3%) on the sales tax that the buyer pays? If you sell a lot or sell high dollar items, th...

“Buyer” scammed me, what can I do as a seller?

I sold a camera lens and the next morning saw a message from the “buyer”, saying his brother was sick so he had to go help him and he requested I mail the package to a new address where his brother was. With all the chaos of the virus stuff going on ...

Resolved! Message from my buyer...

I sold working acer v5 to a buyer week ago.Today the buyer messaged me this :Hello sir,This is the third one of this exact laptop I’ve gotten my son.This one in particular is extremely slow.Way too slow to do his online school work.The exact model an...

Lots of Buyers are Asking for Returns Lately

I've never had issues with returns until the last week of February, then BAM returns out of the woodwork.I've been having issues I've never seen before. Some of these issues are downright dirty and unfair to the seller, but they are allowed. It is a ...

E-Bay, once again no help!

I left E-Bay at one time as a seller and 15yrs. later haven't looked back. First, I was given a negative feedback once as a buyer, which I was told E-Bay didn't allow, but it happened and E-Bay refused to remove it! Then on another occassion, I sold ...

March 2020-private feed back

Has anyone else had a lot of complaints the past month from buyers with private feed back? They always want partial refunds and deal with you rather then open a case. They but a lot of things which must mean they are resellers. But where do they sell...

Buyer Messaged for Refund - Responses below, how would you handle this differently?

I woke up this morning to a refund request from a buyer in the UK. I would like the community to give me ideas on how you would handle it. This was for a cartridge 3ds game only (10.99 +shipping). It went out through the global shipping facility in K...

Buyer purchased an item and then decided to have sent to another address

Hi, so i sold an item and 10 mins afterwards the buyer messaged and said please send to so and so address. I had already printed out the label, attached and packaged. I usually ship immediately, especially now that my job is in on furlough-afterwards...

Selling sports cards

So I’m getting ready to try to sell my entire sports card collection.. about 110,000 worth.. an I better off selling it as one entire lot, a bunch of small lots, or individual? I’m trying to sell them as quickly as I can, and have 2 small kids and wo...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors