cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bank unlinked

Hi for some reason my bank account won,t link The link window wan'ts me to sign in but what am I sighning into i don't want to use the wrong paaword please help thanks

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

bank unlinked

Are you a brand new Seller? I see that you opened you account years ago and have listing & sales.   If you are new to Selling you would be required to enroll in Managed Payments (that's how you get paid).   You would be required to provide EBAY with your CHECKING account (ROUTING# only) and social security# (for tax purposes).   

Who is asking you to sign into your bank account?  I would be very leery of clicking on link (make sure it is from EBAY and not a scammer wanting to get into your bank account).

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

bank unlinked

The link window wan'ts me to sign in but.....

@kokoek9 

Where is this "link window" appearing.  Is it on an eBay page, a message from eBay in your message folder, or a just message in your email client? 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

bank unlinked

message in my email stating that my bak account can't be linked. The .01 deposit and withdraul did not work My money is being held

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

bank unlinked

Check your eBay messages here: https://www.ebay.com/cnt/viewMessage

If the message does not appear there, it's most likely a scam and you need to change your password IMMEDIATELY.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

bank unlinked

What bank are you using?  Not all banks qualify for Managed payments.  You may need a new account at another bank.  

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

bank unlinked

@kokoek9 

There are many banks that eBay doesn't use for payments.  This is what I use and it works like a charm:

https://www.walmartmoneycard.com/

I use a Walmart Green Dot Card for my payments.  It's a separate account used only for my ebay transactions.  You can order a card on line.  They provide a routing number and a checking number and it is a payment method that Ebay accepts with no problem.

I have had my account for almost 7 years.  There is a monthly fee, but if you deposit more than $500 a month in to the account, it's free.   Here's the link again should you choose to take my advice:

https://www.walmartmoneycard.com/

Happy Selling!

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

bank unlinked

message in my email stating that my bak account can't be linked.

@kokoek9 

Have you been receiving payments to this bank account before this?  

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

bank unlinked

Hi, I checked messages and the same messages are there that I ot in email and I haven't been paid, ebay is holding my money because they don't have any pace to pay it to. I am a returning seller I quit selling 7 or 8 years ago, then they paid to this account just fine and i am not in a position to open more accounts right now. Also there is no way to communicate with a human on ebay you ask a question and they send ypu to an article to read that don't address the problem. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

bank unlinked

That was when Paypal was used to process the payments.  Now eBay is in charge of it all.  They must have a bank account number to deposit the money.  There is no go around.  No human can change it.  No phone call can change it.  And another surprise is they can report earnings to the IRS so don't be surprised if they want your SS# too. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

bank unlinked

ok what can I do if it won't  how do you get cash from a debit card and what is the fee to use it, it is just one more hassle

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

bank unlinked

@kokoek9 wrote:

Hi for some reason my bank account won,t link The link window wan'ts me to sign in but what am I sighning into i don't want to use the wrong paaword please help thanks

The mistake some make is that what they think is a bank is not a bank, which is why you may not be able to link it.  For example PayPal and Chime are not banks.

I completely understand that this is frustrating, but it is only frustrating because it is very possible what you think is a bank isn't.  What is the name of the bank you are trying to attach.

Try not to get upset with Ebay.  It really isn't their fault, they are required by federal law to have all this info in the format in which it is require.

A little thing that can be very helpful.  When you change the banking info or any other kind of important info, completely clear the field first, the in the cleared field type in your new information you want.

But it would be helpful if you tell us what bank you are trying to attach.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 12
latest reply