cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bank account

I don't know why they got rid of paypal I wont give my bank account out because it was stated they can remove money from my account and what is there to stop someone on there end from using my account . I liked the security offered with paypal and will not sell anymore on ebay and haven't  since  there policy changed.

Message 1 of 39
latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: bank account

Thank you ! 🙂

Message 31 of 39
latest reply

@mgtracer1 wrote:

Ok, as I am considering selling on eBay again, I gather from all these comments that basically Managed Payments works, so long as you have a dedicated checking account solely for Ebay, correct?

No, you don't need a dedicated checking account just for Ebay, but some do.

I've used the same program on another site for 6 or 7 years now and a little over a year here on Ebay and I've never had a problem with them taking money they weren't owed.

I have enough to keep track of, so I don't mess with another checking account, just use the one I've had for years.

Have a great day.
Message 32 of 39
latest reply

yes but they do not automatically take money out with out you knowing . they do what ebay use to do and send a bill and you pay it , and most accept paypay

Message 33 of 39
latest reply

you get real that's why your accounts probably get  hacked , i don't let anyone remove money from my account without approval from me

Message 34 of 39
latest reply

had auto payments to paypal but i had to authorize them , have been doing better now on marketplace and craigslist

Message 35 of 39
latest reply

already there and gone

Message 36 of 39
latest reply

i guess you trust the goverment and everyone else and go through life with blinders on

Message 37 of 39
latest reply

open your eyes and get you head out of the sand it is not the same could not remove money they had to have you permission

Message 38 of 39
latest reply

My heads definitely not in the sand....It just happened yesterday.....Bought some product for resale, used Paypal....only had $100 or so in my Paypal account and the charge was $125....they magically paid the $125. They got the additional money from my checking account. I didn't "approve it" It just happens.....

.....next

Message 39 of 39
latest reply