cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

am I allowed to sell something on ebay for $10,000,000?

am I allowed to sell something on ebay for 1,000,000 or $10,000,000 dollars?

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

Re: am I allowed to sell something on ebay for $10,000,000?

On ebay sellers have limits placed on them, has to do mostly with volume such as how much that seller has sold over time... I believe to answer your question ebay's limits wouldn't allow it, also I'm not sure it's a wise idea but if you actually have an item that is worth that much I suppose you can try it... Again I think you'll hit the ebay imposed ceiling limit but ...

Message 2 of 41
latest reply

Theoretically...

But no one has bought the baby T Rex skeleton that’s been up for sale.

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

@enelle1 wrote:

If it's an auction for a food product that remarkably or miraculously resembles another thing, person, or animal, that starts off at $1 and reaches $10,000,000 in a bidding frenzy, then yes.

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

Asking ten million, but selling it for far far less?  or

Doing a ten million dollar listing, seeking to sell it for ten million?

The reason I ask is,

I've seen artists who paint paintings .. and then they put a 10 Thousand or 50 thousand dollar price on it .. Best Offers accepted..

and then they happily accept a $200.00 or $300.00 dollar offer on them.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 5 of 41
latest reply

Whatcha thinking about selling?
Message 6 of 41
latest reply

The question is not if you could list and sell it, the question is...

How would you get PAID for it, were it to sell?

Paypal has a $10k payment limit unless you have been pre-approved beforehand. Split payments are not allowed on Ebay. Only a very few categories allow payments other than Paypal or your own credit card processor (which has been done away with for new sellers). 

You may list it. You may even sell it. But can you actually get paid for it?

(don't even get me started on how easy it would be to get scammed...)

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 7 of 41
latest reply

If you're trying to sell your yacht or your jet quickly, it would probably be a better idea to find a broker who deals with the sort of miscreants oligarchs private parties who buy such things in that price range.

Message 8 of 41
latest reply

LOL

Message 9 of 41
latest reply

@enelle1 wrote:

Maybe/maybe not because of eBay limits.  Here is a question for you -- can you afford to lose the item and the money?

I personally don't list anything over $100.00 cause I would hate for something to happen and I lost both the item and money!

Seller since 09/20/01 ~~ this is my posting ID.
Message 10 of 41
latest reply

General reply:

I don't think OP really has a $10,000,000 item.  I think OP wants to attract eyeballs to whatever will have that number attached to it and needs to know if ebay will allow that amount.

Maybe to get written about in some blogs; mentioned on the local tv station? 

P.T. Barnum gets credit for many sayings, such as "there's no such thing as bad publicity" or, even better, "there's a sucker born every minute."

Sherry

=^.^= =^.^=
( ) ( )
" " =^.^= " "
Message 11 of 41
latest reply

some can some cannot

you would not be able to because you have no selling history. 

Sellers can have more than 1 id and each one has a different selling limit.  My smallest account can sell up to $50,000 a month but my biggest account can sell as much as $200,000 a month. Far cry from the million or 10 million but I do not consider myself a big seller here at all. I only do this part time or in streaks with some of the id's based on what inventory I acquire.  

Message 12 of 41
latest reply

"P.T. Barnum gets credit for many sayings, such as "there's no such thing as bad publicity""

my uncle use to say the same thing. Every time his business made the news good or bad, his construction business picked up. 

Message 13 of 41
latest reply

Also if you do sell something for that amount on ebay there are limits with paypal about how much money you can transfer to your bank in a certain amount of time. So if you really are looking to do that kind of business you need to talk to them about how long of a time frame it will take to get your money transferred. 

Message 14 of 41
latest reply

@sharingtheland wrote:

General reply:

I don't think OP really has a $10,000,000 item.  I think OP wants to attract eyeballs to whatever will have that number attached to it and needs to know if ebay will allow that amount.

Maybe to get written about in some blogs; mentioned on the local tv station? 

P.T. Barnum gets credit for many sayings, such as "there's no such thing as bad publicity" or, even better, "there's a sucker born every minute."

Your probably are right!  I haven't even looked at the OP listings or lack of them!

Seller since 09/20/01 ~~ this is my posting ID.
Message 15 of 41
latest reply