cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

account restricted for more bank details- payout on hold two times

Hi everyone,

on May 24th eBay sent me a message to verify my bank account with restriction on my payout ( Red banner), right away i submitted the bank statement they asked for, they promised issue will be solved within 48 business hours. it took them till May 28th to remove the restriction Hence i was able to transfer  my payout before the scheduled payout date and get the rest on the scheduled payout date 05/03/2023 normally from eBay.

By the way my there is was not restricted from selling or buying everything works fine except getting payout

Two days later on May 05th eBay restricted my payout again with that red banner stating my account restricted and at this time they have not sent any message to tell me the reason why!! it just like that...unbelievable!! 

I have reached out to three supervisors so far  and everyone said something different or not specific answer . but what i understood so far it is an issue from their end(  Technical issue, submission my bank details needs to be re done again..etc) 

and they have escalated it but they have no  time frame when this will get solved...

I have been calling them everyday and all they ask me to wait wait. it has been 10 days now since second restriction and I have nearly 14k held in my account .

I'm top rated plus seller and my store literally in perfect shape in all metrics..

it has been very stressful and annoying to have two restrictions back to back specially I have been dealing with this since April 24th with requested documents submitted and verified

A supervisor has reached out to me last Friday and informed that they have identified the issue and working on resolving it soon!! again no time frame neither telling you what was the reason causing the issue.

has anyone experienced same issue before ? need to know if that is normal and how long that restriction will be there. It's very stressful

any advice can help

Thank you

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

I dont believe its a technical issue, thats their answer for everything. Have they asked you for any receipts for all the Ray Bans you are selling? You could try Ebay for Business on Facebook, use the message link. They are much more helpful than the phone techs.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 30
latest reply

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 3 of 30
latest reply

What customer service are you using? The call-in center is staffed with script readers who may not give you accurate info. I would recommend reaching out to the CS reps on eBay’s Facebook for Business. They are better trained with some authority to help. Good luck.

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

No they never asked. Thanks

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

I have been trying the call center, I just messaged the eBay for business on Facebook and will see. Thanks

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

Did you submit first page of your banking statement with the full heading of the name of the bank on it?...I did that and now have "instant payouts" every day after 9PM if I have "available funds". I manage to get that page from my bank for free...black and white of course. But it took a few weeks for processing. And I really didn't get an email from eBay or anyone. I know you're not asking for doing instant payouts....but maybe the first page of your bank statement with complete bank heading on it...I sent them a photo where eBay was asking for more info. Just an idea.

That buildup in funds...14k...is only making things worse because it keeps growing.

Social security number matches bank routing number?...and no one else on that bank routing number other than you?...correct?

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

I have submitted the whole bank statment , downloaded it from my account and sent it, it shows all information they need, i have my wife’s name on it as well, and ofcourse i have thought about it if it causes the issue the rep said No and they are accepting bank account with more than one owner.

she has been always in my bank account for years and that was never an issue. And no one of supervisors i spoke too mentioned any issue about it.

it has been verified and accepted and passed and the restriction removed but back again without any reason or notification.. it is unbelievable

how long it takes you to get the restriction removed after you submitted the documents?

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

I would suggest that you contact Ebay for Business on Facebook or Twitter for the better trained CSRs.

Here are your options for contacting Ebay Customer Service.

https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/

If when you use the link below you can only get to the Automated Assistant, type AGENT in the box and hit enter. You will then get more options.

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

For the Payment Team
https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold?id=4816&&...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 9 of 30
latest reply

Clearly your problem is with Ebay and how they are processing things.

Now this may sound a little strange, but if you are game, I would suggest trying something.  Go to your managed payment account set up.  Completely clear the bank account field.  Make sure it is completely blank.  The retype your account number into the field.  You will have to wait a few hours or even a day, but maybe that will get the bug out.  Strangely that has worked for some.  IDK what it going on but Ebay has put you and some others in a pretty tight spot.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Thank you , have you personally experienced issue like this before?

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

@vision-empire wrote:

Thank you , have you personally experienced issue like this before?

No thankfully, but I've been on a few threads with sellers that are in the same pickle you are in.  One did as I suggested you do and it did resolve their issue after a few hours as the system needs time to update.  IDK if it will help you, but it can't hurt to try.

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

This seems to be the third largest and most frequent complaint here lately, just behind the PL extortion racket, and the putrid search function.  Sorry, they hit you too, man.

Took six days to get mine "verified" when it happened to me in April, even though they've used the same account for ten years with never an issue, and like you, I have perfect...yaddy yaddy yada....

Sures almost seems like an excuse to resolve a cash flow problem by holding our money, but ...who knows?

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

@stevemartin60 wrote:

This seems to be the third largest and most frequent complaint here lately, just behind the PL extortion racket, and the putrid search function.  Sorry, they hit you too, man.

Took six days to get mine "verified" when it happened to me in April, even though they've used the same account for ten years with never an issue, and like you, I have perfect...yaddy yaddy yada....

Sures almost seems like an excuse to resolve a cash flow problem by holding our money, but ...who knows?

Prove it.  Where are you getting your stats from?

Six days for verification is not an unusual timeframe for Ebay.  They will typically tell sellers it is 3-5 Business days, so your sixth day must have been a non business day.

While most bring up the history of there account, how long they've been on Ebay, their FB rating etc.  The Federal laws that Ebay has to comply with does not recognize any of that.  It simply has nothing to do with the process and it never did from the beginning.  

You seem to just want to stir people up instead of trying to help when they have a serious issue such as this OP has.  Not sure why you think it is useful to increase their concerns as if they don't have enough.

You spit out things that have no basis in truth either.  Like your closing statement "Sures almost seems like an excuse to resolve a cash flow problem by holding our money..."  Seems you should do a little homework and learn how MP actually processes.

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Spoke with a rep about that suggestion and advised not to do because that will lead to a new whole process of verification but will keep that point in mind if we have no other choices. Thank you though for all the info and support

Message 15 of 30
latest reply