cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will we lose all of our excellent feedback if we change our shop name?

Hello, we've decided to upgrade to a seller account, from personal to a shop - after nearly 1500 sales and 100% positive feedback - our main worry is that we will lose all of our feedback and ratings, which we do not want to happen, if we change the name we have been using for a long time. Would someone confirm that if we change the new shop name, all of our ratings and positive feedback will carry over? 

Thank you.

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Will we lose all of our excellent feedback if we change our shop name?

@bluemokmarketplaceuk wrote:

Thank you. So just to confirm your answer, are the account and store name (or can they) be different? I've upgraded now, thanks to everyone's answers and the store name is currently my ebay handle. If I change the store name does the account stay the same - i.e. the new shop is separate? Thanks

@bluemokmarketplaceukYes, the account name and store name can be different - my account name is chapeau-noir but my store name is Bargainz Babylon. Only if you open an entirely new account do you start from 0.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks

View Best Answer in original post

Message 10 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Not if you are using the same account.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Phew!! Thank you.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

No, yes.

In that order.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

No you will not. The former company I worked for sold out and the new owners changed the name and the bank account. They still kept the stars.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Hello. Feedback follows the account - not the store name or the store level. No worries - your feedback will still be there. BTW, welcome to the store level!

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Thank you. So just to confirm your answer, are the account and store name (or can they) be different? I've upgraded now, thanks to everyone's answers and the store name is currently my ebay handle. If I change the store name does the account stay the same - i.e. the new shop is separate? Thanks

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Changing the user ID and/or the store name does not affect the account's feedback history.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Thanks. Are they separate? My new shop name is using my username. If i change the shop name will it change my main ebay username? Or can I have several shops with different names under my main Bluemok username? Thanks 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@bluemokmarketplaceukYes, the account name and store name can be different - my account name is chapeau-noir but my store name is Bargainz Babylon. Only if you open an entirely new account do you start from 0.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Yes!

You can change your Account name

You can change your Store name

You can change both names

None of this will alter your feedback profile or account history.

Just make sure the new name(s) you choose are the ones you want because for at least the account name you are stuck with the new name for the next 30 days.

https://www.ebay.com/help/account/changing-account-settings/changing-username?id=4198

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/ebay-stores/manage-ebay-store?id=4090#section1

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Thanks. Are they separate? My new shop name is using my username. If i change the shop name will it change my main ebay username? Or can I have several shops with different names under my main Bluemok username? Thanks 

You can have only one shop (i.e., Store subscription) per user account.

If you change your shop name, that does not change your user name.  If you change your user name, that does not change your shop (Store)  name.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply