cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will "Send Offer" send an offer to people I have in my banned buyers list?

I have an item for sale. I had to add someone to my banned buyers list for reasons I won't describe here. Ebay says it has no watchers but it also has an option to send an offer to "Interested Buyers". Will ebay send that offer out to someone that is on my banned buyers list? Or will ebay automatically not communicate with them any more once they are on that list?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Will "Send Offer" send an offer to people I have in my banned buyers list?

Never mind: I had a friend of mine add it to their watch list and I was able to send them offers and it worked. I wish I would delete my message above but they won't even let me edit it. Anyway, solution found, thread resolved.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 9 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

@kithylin wrote:

I have an item for sale. I had to add someone to my banned buyers list for reasons I won't describe here. Ebay says it has no watchers but it also has an option to send an offer to "Interested Buyers". Will ebay send that offer out to someone that is on my banned buyers list? Or will ebay automatically not communicate with them any more once they are on that list?

Interesting question, and one I hadn't thought of after all these years.  Kudos!

The IT developer part of me says "no, that would be stupid, and it's easy to avoid".   Then I think about all the other 'features' eBay has created by making unrelated changes elsewhere and I have to wonder if they had the ability to foresee this and, more importantly, consider it important enough to be included in the design of the Send Offer code, which came about long after the BBL code was in place.

-Bob.

RKS Solutions LLC logo
Ask me about SixBit and the tools I use to sell - I'm happy to share!
"A journey of a thousand miles begins by getting off the couch"
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I don't know the answer for sure, but my guess would be ... yes, it would send offer as long as they were watching the item.  But it wont let them buy it because they have been blocked. 

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Will "Send Offer" send an offer to people I have in my banned buyers list?

When you block buyers, you block eBay accounts - not "people" 🙂

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Untitled.png

 I found out nope I can't do this. And apparently now that I have them on my blocked list.. I won't ever be able to send any offers to any other potential buyers either. I'll probably have to delete this entire listing and re-list it now.. 😞

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@kithylin wrote:

Untitled.png

 I found out nope I can't do this. And apparently now that I have them on my blocked list.. I won't ever be able to send any offers to any other potential buyers either. I'll probably have to delete this entire listing and re-list it now.. 😞

I'm not sure I understand - the person on your blocked bidder list would have nothing to do with other potential buyers. 

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@kithylin wrote:

Untitled.png

I'd place my money  on the BBL resident being the only one that was 'eligible' to receive offers at the time you attempted to send an offer. If there was more than one person, the offer would have gone through to the other shopper while remaining blocked to the BBLer and you probably wouldn't have seen that message.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

What I have found out tonight: ebay does not let us selectively choose which buyers that we send offers to with the "Send an offer" system. It sends it to everyone that has it in their wish list or watch list with one button press and we the sellers can not tell exactly whom the offer is sent to. As a result now every time I try to send an offer, this person's account will be one of the possible people that the offer is sent to. And because they're on my blocked buyers list ebay will attempt to send my offers to them and everyone else interested in my item all at the same time and then fail because it's trying to send to the blocked person as well. This means that someone on our blocked list can add our item to their watch list and then ebay will prevent us from sending any offers to anyone else. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Never mind: I had a friend of mine add it to their watch list and I was able to send them offers and it worked. I wish I would delete my message above but they won't even let me edit it. Anyway, solution found, thread resolved.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply