cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would a customer pay 135$ on eBay to purchase the regular non rare 100$ bill?

Why and what is the wisdom that there is a group of customers on eBay, especially Americans, who buy the regular $100 bill in circulation, the modern edition, neither the rare nor the old one, nor anything they buy for $115, in addition to $10 for shipping that the seller has added. Then there is also a tax that will not be less than $10. What makes a person pay $135 to get $100?
A few days ago, I saw one of these ads, and the seller sold more than 1,250 papers of this category, meaning he sold 125,000 US dollars for 156,000 US dollars? Here is also a question: What will such a seller tell the tax collector that the source of his profits comes from selling regular money in circulation?

Message 1 of 58
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Why would a customer pay 135$ on eBay to purchase the regular non rare 100$ bill?

There are two customers like this. The idiots who think he is selling $500 because there are 5 bills in the picture and the people who are using that purchase to convert other payment methods into cash (maybe their payment method, maybe stolen).

Let us say John works at a company that constantly buys things from ebay and does all their bookkeeping from their credit card statement. John could buy himself a $100 bill every once in a while and the boss might never notice. 

Betty is absolutely positively in the hole and going to end up having to file for bankruptcy, she uses all the remaining credit limit on her cards to buy $100 bills on ebay.

Also, notice that most of the customers are buying multiples of the things.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 12 of 58
latest reply
57 REPLIES 57

If there is nothing unique or rare about the bills then potentially scammers or possibly money laundering. 

Message 2 of 58
latest reply

Similar to your last post. >> Why do you find many sales on eBay at much higher ... - The eBay Community

But to your current point, smart shoppers won't give that for a regular old Benji. 😉

Message 3 of 58
latest reply

Got an example?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 58
latest reply

what do you mean?

Message 5 of 58
latest reply

I've thought the same about gift cards.

Why would you spend $60 to $70 to buy a $50 gift card?

Have a great day.
Message 6 of 58
latest reply

well , i didn't understand can you explain?

Message 7 of 58
latest reply

Probably someone collecting serial numbers . Low numbers , multiple numbers or a birthdate is in a serial number.

Message 8 of 58
latest reply

does eBay allow money laundering?
and it's 2017 new bills nothing unique about it even sellers say this is the normal bill?

and if it was money laundering how would people tell gov they purchased money with their illegal money?
that makes it puzzled more 
don't you think so?

Message 9 of 58
latest reply

Here's an example.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 10 of 58
latest reply

@dakbat-61 wrote:

well , i didn't understand can you explain?

Now I don't understand... explain "smart shoppers" or "regular old Benji"??

Message 11 of 58
latest reply

There are two customers like this. The idiots who think he is selling $500 because there are 5 bills in the picture and the people who are using that purchase to convert other payment methods into cash (maybe their payment method, maybe stolen).

Let us say John works at a company that constantly buys things from ebay and does all their bookkeeping from their credit card statement. John could buy himself a $100 bill every once in a while and the boss might never notice. 

Betty is absolutely positively in the hole and going to end up having to file for bankruptcy, she uses all the remaining credit limit on her cards to buy $100 bills on ebay.

Also, notice that most of the customers are buying multiples of the things.

Message 12 of 58
latest reply

You mentioned exactly the same ad that made me wonder. Thank you
You know, when I visited this ad yesterday, its sales were 1,241 banknotes, and today it is 1,282.
In your opinion, what is the reason why some people want to buy like this?

Message 13 of 58
latest reply

Both please😂

Message 14 of 58
latest reply

Ben Franklin is on the $100 bill so I guess "Benji" is the diminutive.

GENERAL POST: That seller I linked to has sold 1282 of these?!  He ships only domestically, so that lets out shipping to places like Russia where $100 is popular underground currency but you can't really get them at banks.

He says they're newer but NOT uncirculated, so that lets out people who want a perfect $100 for gift giving...which you can get at the bank, anyway. Or at a larger grocery store - at least up here, if the checker knows it's for a gift they go out of their way to find the nicest bill for you they can.

Once upon a time someone mentioned manipulating eBay Bucks but we don't have those anymore.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 15 of 58
latest reply