cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why eBay Restricted my Monthly Selling Limit ??

Last week, I found that eBay has reduced 50% of my Monthly Selling Limit in my eBay store.  This made many of my listings cannot be relisted.  I checked my Selling Dashboard, I found no problem.  I am still a Top-Rated Seller.   Later, I received eBay email and attached a Buyer Experience Report.  In which, I have found that there are 3 transactions that eBay claimed "Open SNAD".  For which, eBay restricted my Monthly Selling Limit.

However, for these 3 transactions, 2 are Buyers open Return Requests.  Even unreasonable, I also arranged PayPal Full Refund to Buyers within 1 day.  And the Return Request cases have been closed at the same day.  For the other ones, the buyer closed the Return Requests case himself.

I have contacted with eBay Customer Service to explain to them about this.  But, no matter how I explained to them and provided them all email support, their reply was still : OPEN SNAD, NO APPEAL.

So, I wonder whether someone can help me and teach me?  Whether this kind of Return/Refund Requests of SNAD, once OPENED, cannot be CLOSED??   Even I made full refund to the buyers and settled with them, eBay will still considered these are Defect Cases, and restrict my Monthly Selling Limit?   Is it really the eBay Policy, or the Customer Service Guy fool me??

If so, how can we live in eBay?  Especially, during these days, there are so many fradulent buyers exploit eBay Buyer Protection Policy to get benefit.

I hope someone can help......

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@watchvshop wrote:

So, I wonder whether someone can help me and teach me?  Whether this kind of Return/Refund Requests of SNAD, once OPENED, cannot be CLOSED??   Even I made full refund to the buyers and settled with them, eBay will still considered these are Defect Cases, and restrict my Monthly Selling Limit?   Is it really the eBay Policy, or the Customer Service Guy fool me??

I hope someone can help......

Two things:

1. eBay has internal policies that they choose not to communicate to us.  One example of an internal policy is with respect to Seller Limits and Restrictions.  eBay only tells us that these limits are based on the "volume of sales and the feedback you've received from buyers", but they don't give us any other guidance.  Apparently, in reviewing your account, eBay determined that your performance (based on their secret, internal guidance) has not been good enough to maintain your limits.    I don't think the customer service representative is lying to you, but rather he cannot reveal to you the criteria that eBay is using to limit your sales.
  2. Compared with US-based sellers, you will likely get many more false SNAD claims.  Why?  You enjoy incredibly low shipping rates to get a tracked package from Hong Kong to the US, but if a US buyer wants to return an item to you, they would need to pay $40-60 to get a package shipped to you with tracking ... sort of high for a cheap item, right?  That's why 30-day returns back to Hong Kong or China are laughable for most sales if the buyer pays for return shipping.
        So, that means that a US customer reasonably only has two options:  (a) do not ship it back and complain to eBay or (b) lie and say it is SNAD to get you to pay for the return shipping. 

How can you solve this?

The best strategy would be to only sell products that are of high value/quality and are not counterfeit so that customers are happy with the products they receive.  From your feedback, it appears that some of the items you are selling are cheaply made ... and, I see several items in your store that appear to be unlicensed, counterfeit goods.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thank you so much for your clear and detail explanation.  I don't sell unlicensed or counterfeit items.  Some of the brand items are close out and display stocks that without tags and original packaging.   So, I can sell cheaper price than the brand new items. 

I am new in eBay.   Most of the eBay Policies are really not understandable.   I am still learning how to survive in eBay.  But I feel most of the eBay policies protect buyers too much, and neglect sellers.  

Besides, I have just received an email from eBay Customer Service, they finally accept my appeal and cancel the restriction.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply