cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Ebay keep allowing these items for sale?

I'll try to make this short and sweet. I've been an Ostomy wearer since I was 4 yrs. old. I'm now 56.  When Ebay first started I was thrilled to see Ostomy supplies listed. At the time I wasn't covered with medical insurance and buying them out right would cost in the hundreds for just a box of 10 wafers and or pouches. These items go on my skin. I would find some good deals and was so happy! Then reality hit me. The reason they were so cheap on Ebay is because the items had expired or I was given a new box that was opened and switched out the supplies. Ever since I've been trying to be an advocate for Ostomy users helping them to be aware of scams. I'm so annoyed I still see sellers getting away with selling old ostomy supplies and then I alert Ebay and nothing is done. When a seller states that the item is in a sealed brand new box you can clearly see the box was opened and sometimes the some of the amount of items are missing so you can't say brand new. These items go on people's bodies. I don't know what to do anymore to get Ebay to understand why this is so important to me.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Every item listed on eBay has a report button. Feel free to report listings you feel have violated eBay policy. 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

You do know that no one from eBay inspects every listing or every item for accuracy, right?

When/if any buyer receives an item that's not as described, he needs to open an item not as described case.  Other than that, not sure exactly what you feel eBay can do.  

I do understand how upset this makes you and I am sorry.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

And, if this has happened to you more than one time, why do we see only ONE negative that you've left for a seller? 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply