cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do we have to wait 4-5 days for UNPAID buyers?

Hi all..I'm an old Ebayer (buyer) but just recently opened my store and love it.  However currently I have this issue with a buyer (no address or buys under their account) and was disappointed to learn I have to wait 4-5 days to cancel or receive payment. My concern here as sellers is that many of us are listing on multiple platforms..if we were nice enough to accept a lower offer than what we are selling an item at, common courtesy would be to complete the order..Why accept the offer if you're not ready to pay? I can't walk into ANY store and expect to not pay immediately so I found this to be odd. If I remove this same item from other platforms and the person ends up not paying, I am still impacted by relisting fees etc.  4-5 days is a LONG time. I understand customer satisfaction but I would say 2 days max. I love ebay and would love to see some updates on this policy.

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: Why do we have to wait 4-5 days for UNPAID buyers?

ebay needs to change this to not more than 48 hour. when I buy on eBay I usually pay in a few minutes.

Message 46 of 48
latest reply

THE BEST ANSWER...until a few years ago you had to wait a WEEK!  I asked the then & now long gone VP WHY? Why do sellers have to wait a week only for ebay to allow the buyer to walk away without penalty? they don't have to repsond to sellers messages or ebays payment reminders. They can blow you off without a word & do it as often as they want. His answer, ebay's philosophy is, the buyer should never feel "threatened, or obligated" to pay. THAT still holds true today. five days is still too long & if i'm correct if they buy it fri-sun those 3 days are a grace period that does not count as the 5 allowed.

this only enables abuse.

worse are auctions & this is especially true when a buyer bids repeatedly making the effort to outbid & win only to not pay.  THAT is a scammer abusing the platform. reporting them does nothing.  my wife once had a buyer win 16 auctions over the course of days. THAT is someone who is again making an effort to win. She then cancelled every transaction because? she could.  when my wife talked to ebay they said buyers are entitled to change their mind. i've been saying this since i joined ebay back in the days of dial up modems, buyers should be mandated to pay within 48 hours. if they're not going to pay,  they are not going to pay. allowing them additional time is a waste of time.

Message 47 of 48
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 48 of 48
latest reply