cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the seller protection!!??

I see this more and more often lately and it has finally happened to me first hand.

A buyer purchases an item, requests a return claiming it was not as described. As a seller you are basically FORCED to refund them no matter what, and the buyer never returns the item!! It blatantly shows in the return details page that "Started" and "Refunded" are check marked and the "Shipped" circle is NOT .. yet ebay says that the return is closed and theres nothing further they will do.. HOW IS IT CLOSED WHEN THE "SHIPPED" CIRCLE IS CLEARLY NOT CHECKED!!! MEANING THE BUYER NEVER SHIPPED BACK THE ITEM...

But ebay had no problem taking the money from my bank account to refund the buyer before ever confirming that my item was returned to me!! 

This is absolutely rediculous, so now not only does the Buyer get their money back, but they just get to keep the item now aswell huh???  With no recourse what so ever.... 

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Where is the seller protection!!??

Hi

Exactly the same thing happen to me, no return but Ebay had no problem refunding them with my money.  I contacted Ebay, the bottom line she got the item for free with not payment returned to me.  Never heard back from Ebay.

Message 16 of 18
latest reply

During the return process, one of the options is to refund now.  eBay will refund immediately if you choose that option or will refund for you if you do not respond within the given timeframe.

If you accept the return and arrange postage (I have always chosen for eBay to provide postage and it has always worked - for US Sales) eBay waits for the item to be returned and gives you the opportunity to refund (I have always been allowed to deduct up to 50% depending on the condition of the returned item). 

You do have to understand and follow eBays rules and timelines for returns and be sure you don't mistakenly tell eBay to give an immediate refund (or let eBay refund because of lack of response or missed deadlines). 

Message 17 of 18
latest reply

It does sound as if the seller clicked on ‘refund buyer’ rather than on ‘accept return’.

Message 18 of 18
latest reply