cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When your potential customer gives you TMI

Received this note from a customer on why she missed bidding on my Sunday auctions:

"I am so sorry that I missed your auctions on Sunday, but I was carted off to jail Friday night and spent 4 days because I missed a court appointment that I did not know I had."

Just hoping it wasn't for credit card fraud!

Anyone else have unusual TMI's (too much information) from customers?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: When your potential customer gives you TMI

From what i can see, missing your auction was the least of her problems ......

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@rileydone wrote:

Received this note from a customer on why she missed bidding on my Sunday auctions:

"I am so sorry that I missed your auctions on Sunday, but I was carted off to jail Friday night and spent 4 days because I missed a court appointment that I did not know I had."

Just hoping it wasn't for credit card fraud!

Anyone else have unusual TMI's (too much information) from customers?

Yeah, I got a guy who bought something, I sent an invoice, a few days later I messaged him about payment or cancel. He writes back that he got into a fist fight at the laundromat because some bum was trying to steal his daughter's washing machine, then he went to the hospital because he'd been punched in the face.

I was highly uncomfortable with all of this, but he paid for his item, so I shipped it.

C.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

"Hello- very interesting; what did you have a court appointment for"

After all, why not?

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I had about 100 identical 3 3/4 GI JOES.  About 20 years ago, long before Paypal, I sold 2 of these figures for around ten dollars plus shipping.  The guy never paid. So I offered them to the 2nd place bidder.   About 2 months later, I get a letter with a check inside and a note.  The guy apologized for his late payment for the 2 figures. He had been arrested and had just gotten released. Thankfully, I had a ton of these.  Once the check cleared, I mailed the figures.  He gave me a nice feedback too.  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

hehehe,  In one of my previous incarnations.  (Past lives are real).  Back when there were still checks.  I had received a "payment".  All that was in the envelope was a note that said, "your payment got lost in the mail".  

It turned out it was a joke, he had called and paid with his credit card.  

That was my friend.  

My two cents.

Penny

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Some people are outgoing in that way, others are more private, and others like to make up stories to try and get a rise out of someone.

I tend to ignore personal stuff of that nature and just address their concern about the sale.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply