cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would you do? Is this grounds for a refund.

Although we don't guarantee a delivery date is this grounds for a refund? Buyer - It’s scheduled to arrive Dec. 26. Could I return when received for a refund? It will not arrive in time. Thanks for understanding.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

What is your return policy? I have a no questions asked return on my dime. 

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Your return policy will determine that, and if you can deduct shipping if you do allow returns. 

Be advised, if refuse, they CAN just file an INAD and you will have to take the return and refund them in FULL. You are not going to be able to refuse returns inside of a 30 day delivery, if the buyer really wants a refund. Play it smart.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Seller does not accept returns

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Even if the buyer states several times in Ebay messages wanting a refund because of arriving to late for Christmas?

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Is it arriving late because of delays or was it shipped within your handling time and the 12/26 date was shown at the time they paid?

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

'Thanks for understanding' as the buyer stated.

You could deny the refund if they open it.

They can leave you negative feedback for?? and there will be nothing you can do about it.

Is it worth it?? 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

I ship same day next day so it was shipped out by ebay policy. The package just got held up through USPS.

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

@domin-tomas wrote:

Even if the buyer states several times in Ebay messages wanting a refund because of arriving to late for Christmas?

Does NOT matter. How they FILE for a return does. If you tell them you will allow it, you have to or they will get CS reps to refund them. If you tell them no, they will likely file an INAD and you will end up doing it anyway. 

There is NO such thing as "NO RETURNS" here. End of story. Read the MBG, you are bound to it. 

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

In that case, I'd just tell them to start a return when they receive it.

Hopefully they will do it as a remorse return and not a SNAD.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Suggest to them that they provide a photo of the gift and give the actual gift when it arrives.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

If the buyer refuses the shipment , it will eventually come back to you.

Let the customer know that nothing will be refunded until you have it back.

If they refuse the shipment, eBay will not require you to refund one red cent.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

If he requests a refund, tell them to send it back.

Do not mention paying for shipping. Do not refund shipping when you get it back.

And sales tax is their problem, you did not receive it or remit it.

Sheesh. 

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

One way it might play out is that your buyer opens a remorse Return. You'd approve it and provide the return shipping label, then refund the item price upon its return to you. You'd have it back to re-price and relist for the right buyer.

Another way it could play out... your buyer will RTS the package and it'll come home to you without requiring an eBay claim. You could then refund the item price (but aren't required to by eBay), re-price and relist for the right buyer.

The worst way it plays out is that your buyer will open a NAD Return. You'll need to approve it and would have to refund the item price plus original shipping cost after its return to you, re-price and relist for the right buyer.

Maybe it's not "grounds" for a refund (from a 'No Returns' seller), but I don't see any way to avoid a refund. Good luck.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@domin-tomas wrote:

Although we don't guarantee a delivery date is this grounds for a refund? Buyer - It’s scheduled to arrive Dec. 26. Could I return when received for a refund? It will not arrive in time. Thanks for understanding.

I would just tell him that you'll refund upon its return. Returning it just because it arrived a day late is silly, but more to the point, I would bet you dollars to donuts that once it's in his hands, he's not going to return it anyway.

Just send a short, polite reply to acknowledge his message and say you'll refund if it's returned, and let it go. That may be the end of it.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply