cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to do now?

A buyer bought 2 items from the same lot. The ad said:"Lot 2..." On her invoice it  was clearly visible she paid for 2 items and there were 2 photos in the ad. Despite of that she claims I supposed to send her 4 items ( 2 from 2 lots) which is non-sense. The description clearly said what I was selling. Anyway...she filed a report as the item does not match to the description. EBay froze the fund and issued a returning label for the buyer. I reported the buyer for false accusation.  Now the buyer is quiet, reluctant to send back my items. I have sent her 3 e-mails  she replied to one as she would return them soon. EBay allows  the buyer more than 2 weeks (!) to return the items. What if she does not return them or the items will be damaged when I recieved them? I do not see any support from eBay towards me. Any advise? Thanks!

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

What to do now?

You need to stop doing that.   I looked at several of your listings that are all worded the same, some showing two in the picture and some showing one in the photo.
Confusing.
Get rid of the word LOT and tell what you are selling.

TWO items, As Shown. (choosing qty of one at checkout means you will receive TWO items, as shown)
ONE item, as shown. (choosing qty of one at checkout means you will receive ONE item, as shown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

What to do now?

If she doesn't return them then your funds are released back to you.

If she sends you back wrong or damaged item then you will end up refunding them.

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

What to do now?

Is it the V-day cards?

It does show Lot 2 and they bought 2 at $1.00 per lot so they should have got 4 cards...2 in each lot

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

What to do now?

If she doesn't return them in time eBay automatically releases the funds back to you. If they are damaged you can do a partial refund provided you are a top rated seller. If the items are new and the buyer opened them you can also do a partial refund to account for the decreased value.

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

What to do now?

I agree. If you had it listed a "Lot 2", and gave the buyer a chance to select 2 quantity, they should have received 4 cards.

All that said however, It's $2.00. Why wouldn't you just refund and make the customer happy?  Not worth all the extra hassle and negative feedback really.

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

What to do now?

If you set up the listing as "lot of 2" and also offered a quantity of 2, then the buyer who purchased the quantity of 2 would reasonably expect two lots.  If you had only 2 cards to sell, you should have just set it up as a single lot of 2.   I agree with the above advice to just issue  a full refund; it doesn't make sense to pay for return shipping.

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

What to do now?

You need to stop doing that.   I looked at several of your listings that are all worded the same, some showing two in the picture and some showing one in the photo.
Confusing.
Get rid of the word LOT and tell what you are selling.

TWO items, As Shown. (choosing qty of one at checkout means you will receive TWO items, as shown)
ONE item, as shown. (choosing qty of one at checkout means you will receive ONE item, as shown)

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

What to do now?

I'd be expecting 4 dollies if I bought 2 lots.  You can't have the title say 2 dollies and then in the description claim the 2 are being sold as separate items.  That's a bait and switch tactic.  

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

What to do now?

I will use the words "Lot (2 pcs)" in my title to be extra specific.

Whatever you do, do NOT use "Lot 2" as a location reminder for yourself (so you know where the item is).

Sellers who use the word "lot" to sell generally are selling more than one of an item, and yes if a buyer orders more than 1 in the quantity that means they receive quantity ordered TIMES number of lots (so 2x2 = 4).

Also in a listing the title, pictures, item specifics AND item description must match one another.

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

What to do now?

Been there, done the same as you in the past. It is confusing to the buyer.

Redo your listings and get rid of the "lots" designation and just sell a quantity of 2.  

Make it clear that the listing is for 2 items.

Posting ID
Message 10 of 36
latest reply

What to do now?

Sorry but your listings are confusing. When you write "lot 2" that signifies more than one item sold together as a lot, so the buyer would expect four items when purchasing two of your "lots". It is not nonsense. Best of luck to you....

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

What to do now?

What did you report the buyer for, they are right?

You made a mistake on the listing and from the looks of it, you have more listings that are wrong.

If it's a lot of two and the buyer bought two lots, they should receive four pieces.

Have a great day
Message 12 of 36
latest reply

What to do now?

I have to agree with the others. For example the 'dollies' listing has 2 in the title. That means that each order should have 2 dolies.

If you have 10 items but are selling them separately, the 10 should not be in the title.  They will see how many you have once they open the listing.

Just as a note...there are a few different spellings for doily but I am fairly sure that they all have just one L. 

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

What to do now?

If an item is listed as "Lot of [number]", then buying two of that item would mean the buyer should be receiving ([Number] x 2) items.

Buyer was in the right, you were in the wrong.

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

What to do now?

Thanks but not the V-cards. 

Message 15 of 36
latest reply