cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's up with my new listings starting at 28 days 23 hours today?

I noticed this past week when I forgot to end 'good until canceled' listings and they were renewed with less than 29 days to go. And today the same thing happened when I started 34 new listings.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: What's up with my new listings starting at 28 days 23 hours today?

Gotcha!!! That thought came to mind right after I posted.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 6 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

There was a very similar post within the last couple of days that should answer any questions about this.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Feb has only 29 days.   GTC listings are for one month, not 30 days.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

GTC listings renew once a month, on the same day of the month as they were started. There are 29 days in February this year, so listings that start on Feb 1 will be relisted on Mar 1, in 29 days.

There isn't really much  point in ending listings each month. Since they only relist once a month, you will only be charged an insertion fee once a month per listing, and then only if you don't have any free-insertion-fee listings left.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

GTC's renew ONCE a Month.  The date that drives the determination of what the 30 day period is comes from the original date you created and posted the listing or from the date you relisted it or did a sell similar.

So whatever date you posted that listing drives the relist date and it will.  So if you posted the listing on the 1st of December, it will renew the 1st of each month.  If you posted it on December 15th it will renew on the 15th of each following month.  

Where it is a little trickier is when you post a listing at the end of the month.  Since not all months have the same number of days in them.  So lets say you posted a listing on the 31st of a month.  It will renew on the 30th of the following month, then the 31st of the next month and so forth.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Gotcha!!! That thought came to mind right after I posted.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Aaaannnnddd .... you solved your own problem, without any help from anyone else.

Yeah, right.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply