cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's Wrong With The Item Specifics??? Are you SERIOUSLY Kidding???

This morning I woke up seeing over 1000 listings that say soon to be required item specifics and over 100 listings that require Brand??? Are you seriously kidding me??? You cannot even create a listing without putting the brand in the very first place.... I am a software developer and wrote a software working a few months on it to make cool listings. I put almost all of the item specifics required or not required. And today I see they all are gone in almost all of my listings.. Don't you guys even test your code before you release them??? How is this even happening in a billion dollar company?? And you know what's worse. I try to update the listings using my same software that has been working for almost a year without any problem and they do not update. You want me update all these listings over 1000 manually??? You cannot even send an email to Ebay and I am pretty sure that I will have to talk to a rep who will have no idea what I am talking about when I call them.... I am totally mad. ANyone having this issue?

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Re: What's Wrong With The Item Specifics??? Are you SERIOUSLY Kidding???

Most dresses don’t have character....only KIDS fancy dress and pyjamas maybe

Message 61 of 71
latest reply

What about the specific “ vintage/trending”

what does that even mean?

Vintage  OR trending? Or both?

In general the specifics seem to have been done in a hurry ...for instance in fabric type  there is nothing for cotton

in women’s tops and shirts there is no option to put in shirt either as type or style

just basic stuff like this

Message 62 of 71
latest reply

Last word on specifics and ebay sending messages to fill in the missing recommended specifics as your buyers will find your items easier when searching

They give you a list of options. Say in colour, red, green, black etc 

they also allow you to put in your own colour BUT if that colour is not in ebays list then it will not show in searches as a) it doesn’t appear when someone is searching and clicking on specifics and b) there isn’t an option for a buyer to put in that word themselves, so what is the point of adding own specific if no one can see it in searches

Message 63 of 71
latest reply

thank you

Message 64 of 71
latest reply

I have great one...asking me for "main character" for an Army of Darkness book.

My choices to edit the field include "Batman"

...and ONLY Batman

Message 65 of 71
latest reply

I see the same thing. Even more annoying is that the sold listings are also asking for soon to be required item specifics. 

Message 66 of 71
latest reply

Yes!  What is disheartening is the first thing you see when you go into your listings is what you have done WRONG!  Even though I spend hours every day to make sure my listings are clear and accurate it is never enough for ebay,,,Item specifics make NO SENSE and do not pertain to that particular listing,,In other words AGAIN ebay sellers fall short of ebay expectations,,,I tried fixing some item specifics today and it doesnt work,,I tried filling in the blanks but they did not pertain to the listing and if you did not put in one of their multiple choice which did not pertain it goes back to blank,,,What ????
Ebay gets worse and worse every year taking more and more profit from our hard work and making it harder to want to sell on ebay,,,I hate selling on ebay,,,I have to sell on ebay but I dont want to,,,It is like being in a one sided relationship ,,,unbalanced and getting worse,,,Very disheartening ,,,Oh and by the way since ebay changed to managed payments I have sold NOTHING for 3 weeks,,,I have never gone three weeks without a sale,,,Lots of effort with no reward,,,I do not understand ebay at all and what they are trying to do to good sellers,,,It is almost like they want them to be frustrated and quit!

Message 67 of 71
latest reply

What difference does it make to add item specifics multiple times when buyers dont read the listing anyway and can return for any frivolous reason????

Message 68 of 71
latest reply

Why are we adding item specifics multiple times when ebay buyers hardly read the listing anyway and can return for any frivolous reason including they changed their mind????? I have buyers that buy two items and then cancel the one they decide against even after you have printed the label!!!!! Pure **bleep**

Message 69 of 71
latest reply

I agree completely.  Just spend 3 hours doing item specifics. Them, they added ones i just did. CRAZY and a waste of time .

Message 70 of 71
latest reply

LOL.... Put "Batman", he sells.

Message 71 of 71
latest reply