cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's Wrong With The Item Specifics??? Are you SERIOUSLY Kidding???

This morning I woke up seeing over 1000 listings that say soon to be required item specifics and over 100 listings that require Brand??? Are you seriously kidding me??? You cannot even create a listing without putting the brand in the very first place.... I am a software developer and wrote a software working a few months on it to make cool listings. I put almost all of the item specifics required or not required. And today I see they all are gone in almost all of my listings.. Don't you guys even test your code before you release them??? How is this even happening in a billion dollar company?? And you know what's worse. I try to update the listings using my same software that has been working for almost a year without any problem and they do not update. You want me update all these listings over 1000 manually??? You cannot even send an email to Ebay and I am pretty sure that I will have to talk to a rep who will have no idea what I am talking about when I call them.... I am totally mad. ANyone having this issue?

Message 1 of 71
latest reply
70 REPLIES 70

Re: What's Wrong With The Item Specifics??? Are you SERIOUSLY Kidding???

auctionpet
Guide

Your obviously highly experienced. Ebay likely hires their IT right out of high school! How else could simple things take months to fix and still not be right.

Message 46 of 71
latest reply

Reminds me when they changed the picture size requirement 6 years ago (to 500x500).

Does anyone have a setting like this on their phone or camera.

It took us 300 hours to change 946 listings.

Then there was the contact info policy and circumvention of fees.'

Sellers got so hateful of (DUMB) rules that people where selling off eBay

and avoiding the 10% fee.

This took another 300-400 hours to change all of our listings.

No there is managed payments.

Few people liked Pay Pay, but a least they were honest and transparent.

eBay is making millions on using your money for 3-5 days in processing times.

My bank (Chase) confirmed that they process the next day like my CC processor does.

eBay is managed by a bunch of amateurs

THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR AND I.

Message 47 of 71
latest reply

I am not replying to above...

I would like to share in the frustration when eBay asks me to provide a "theme"

for my coat I am listing...

I honesty have no idea what the theme could be other than winter coat.

schemes within schemes
the serpent is a good sign
someday you may swallow yourself
by accident
Message 48 of 71
latest reply

I think one of the choices is "animals"

??

schemes within schemes
the serpent is a good sign
someday you may swallow yourself
by accident
Message 49 of 71
latest reply

Good luck talking to a real person - all I get is a message to check my seller hub for help! It's such **bleep**!!!!

Trying to be the person my dogs always knew I could be
Message 50 of 71
latest reply

I think we all woke up to this nightmare unfortunately. eBay doesn’t seem to realize or care for that matter that some of us put in so much work to make sure they stay rich while they find new ways that only make our lives harder and theirs easier apparently. It’s not that easy to list hundreds of items let alone having to go back and revise all of them because people (money) aren’t very smart to see photos, read descriptions and details to know what a T-shirt might be. This is all for the buyer’s and sellers expense and eBay’s gain unfortunately.

Message 51 of 71
latest reply

@bradford911 

@premiermarineparts 

Personally, I think it would be awesome if you could fix specifics, IN the actual listing. Instead of currently, after the fact. Some kinda....Hi there. Did you know you missed checking off some boxes. Do you have those silly answers for the questions we suggest  or would you like to fill in Do Not Show check box. Hey...Just spitballing here. Versus the current system of Where's Waldo? Find and conquer. Can think of a few other things but have the fear of irritating the eBay programming hierarchy.  Same goes for using relist or sell similar. Most of the correct information was in the original listing. Stuff you cannot view with the tools.

-Lotz

Message 52 of 71
latest reply

@sextons-sweet-deals wrote:

you have no active listings!

you have only been a member since 8/5/2020. 

how do you have over 1000 listings?

I think this post is fake! beware!

No need to beware.  Many of the posters here use posting IDs.  

Message 53 of 71
latest reply

Actually, in most of mine I DO have brand already specified and it's asking me to add it AGAIN.

So I've been looking around at other sellers listings and here is what they do:
Add it again.

Thus, we too must add it again.

Here is why:

It will be ebay who will catch heat from google when they accuse ebay of spamming the google search engine with repetitive keywords.

I know it's spamming.

I know it's stupid.

But they're asking me to jump, so I stopped questioning why a long time ago, now I just jump.

Like I am a total idiot, I figure you have to be kind of dumb to sell on ebay anyway, anyone smarter than me would go work an easier job.  But not me, I am kind of dumb and stubborn, I like working like a fool so here it is again, ebay has asked me to add Brand: for the third time and there are already two item specifics detailing the brand's name, guess what... Now there are three.

Let them ask me to add brand again!

Please, I can't wait for it.

Message 54 of 71
latest reply

Oh good. Here I am having to add "item specifics" to 160 listings all of which require a MPN...which does not apply.

Such forward thinking to require sellers to add a specific that does nothing.

Message 55 of 71
latest reply

I try to replace the listings the use of my equal software that has been operating for nearly a 12 months without any problem and they do no longer update Swing.

Message 56 of 71
latest reply

I guess this explains my sudden dismal sales after being up over 40%, and all the "add item specifics" i am suddenly and magically missing. Here we go again....

Message 57 of 71
latest reply

eBay should have a bot that automatically picks up item specifics in the title so you don’t have to repeat them in their item specific section. Seems redundant to me

Message 58 of 71
latest reply

Does anyone remember when ebay messed with item specifics awhile ago?  It was an absolute mess and the sellers had to spend hours and hours to fix their mess.  You would think they would learn from their past mistakes.  Ever since this new round of changes, my sales have come to a halt.  Why would they start this nonsense in the fourth quarter.  Probably the same reason they would launch managed payments at the height of a pandemic.  

Message 59 of 71
latest reply

Anyone who cares to can check today's (11/3) podcast......in which they say only the "required" stuff is required by Feb........Ignore any recommended  IS that doesn't apply.........don't try to fill it in......  Apparently, there is some guru who says every box has to be filled in......which is incorrect.

Message 60 of 71
latest reply