cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What plans have you made to shut down eBay in case something happens to you?

Not a spring chick anymore and have to plan in case I am not around anymore.

DIL has my passwords and knows how eBay operates.

What else needs to be done?

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

...for eBay, I think that's enough...anything happens to you, your family just have to login to finish selling up your listings and...let it go...(that what I would do, no need to close up the account as after a certain time of no activity, it will automatically shut down by eBay...I guess...!)

...for your personal final thoughts, a Will & Revocable Living Trust is needed...

Message 2 of 42
latest reply

I'm leaving written instructions to close out my account if I haven't myself. It must be closed. Hang in there.

Message 3 of 42
latest reply

DH had to deal with this when I had covid really bad over the holidays and ended up in the hospital with little/no warning.  We determined he is not well suited to resolve this, so it falls to DS and DD who are more computer oriented and they had everything figured out quickly, including how to email buyers on orders that were pending to ship as they kept me 4 days in-patient.

We quickly realized that the unknown can really up-end everything.  We were fortunate that no Buyers thought we were flakes or scamming them.  DD even called 2 who had multiple item orders and they were really kind, I guess.

I now have everything written out, including passwords, etc.  They can quickly put my Store in "time-away" and then deal with whatever.  

I can assure you that they day after my RIP deal is done, DH will have a truck backed into the drive and storage facility to tell them to take everything away.  Won't even care where to.....just away!

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 42
latest reply

gjs_16
Guide

It's not so much in case of death...
In my case I have a plan B in case I end up in the hospital or something else gets in my way...
I need to be able to shut down your sales somehow...

The easiest way is to have the app on my phone.
Mostly because Eaby won't care.

Message 5 of 42
latest reply

DH being a complete techodolt, I gave DD my password and told her where all the passwords are written down for other stuff.

She also has instructions about what to do with my stock . (Donate it.)

Vaccinations have been slow here in Canada, but our cohort are getting appointments for our second jabs now. We go on June 22.  A Conservative government sold our last vaccine manufacturer to a US company about 10 years ago, so we have to buy our vaccines in, rather than producing them ourselves.

Happy to hear you have recovered. My nephew and his wife are both doctors and they have been working non-stop 14 hour shifts since last March. Her parents had to take their dog in, since they are too tired to care for him.

Be good to yourself. Best wishes for a full recovery.

Message 6 of 42
latest reply

I've been thinking of plans like this, but really don't have anyone I totally trust to handle matters like this.  Even worse is handling all the intellectual property I've amassed over my life.  I can always write down a lot of instructions to whoever ends up having to clear out my affairs (the ebay account would be "flesh out anything pending then close"), but there's never a guarantee they will be followed out or done.  If I ever get the chance and the money to do it, I'd love to find an attorney that's well versed in these kind of matters and flesh out something that will put my mind at ease.

Message 7 of 42
latest reply

Thanks for the suggestions.  Seems like we are in good shape.

On an interesting note.  My only red donut in 10 years happened recently.  DH broke his hip and was waiting to have it replaced.  I can not walk so depend on him for help.  We sold a heavy punch bowl set and tried to think of how we could get it out.  I finally emailed the buyer with the problem and told him I was sure he didn't want us to have his $$ and he have nothing, therefore, I was cancelling per his request.  He is now residing on my BBL.  That day I put everything on 'time away.'  Fortunately, DH is almost back in 'fighting shape.'

Message 8 of 42
latest reply

@patd3283 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions.  Seems like we are in good shape.

On an interesting note.  My only red donut in 10 years happened recently.  DH broke his hip and was waiting to have it replaced.  I can not walk so depend on him for help.  We sold a heavy punch bowl set and tried to think of how we could get it out.  I finally emailed the buyer with the problem and told him I was sure he didn't want us to have his $$ and he have nothing, therefore, I was cancelling per his request.  He is now residing on my BBL.  That day I put everything on 'time away.'  Fortunately, DH is almost back in 'fighting shape.'

=======================================================================

Bless your hearts.  Oh my goodness - and my complaints in life are so petty in comparison to everything you have going on.  I am so very sorry to hear about your DH and I hope he is healed and up and about really soon.  

Your Buyer is an idiot.  Who leaves a neg over something like that?  No one believes or trusts anyone any more.  A red donut over a punch bowl?  Seriously.  I could see if you were shipping something amazing (no offense to your punch bowl) or some necessity, but even then, once explained, any reasonable human being should understand the plight.  

Best wishes to you both.  Speedy healing to DH and Bless you for working so hard at this despite everything life throws your way.  You're both amazing, in my book!  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 9 of 42
latest reply

My grown son has all of that.  My husband is busy with his work and eBay.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 10 of 42
latest reply

@gjs_16 wrote:

I need to be able to shut down your sales somehow...

Ooops...
My sales, not yours.

Message 11 of 42
latest reply

I recently had a similar situation.  The last weekend in April, I tore the cornea in my right eye.  It was very painful and my vision was shot to he77.  Using voice activated messaging, I was able to message the buyers of the items that sold that day.  All but one were very patient with me and I let them know right off there would be a delay in shipping, or I could refund them right away.  It made me realize that I do need a backup plan for eBay!

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

USPS pickup? God bless you.

@patd3283 

Message 13 of 42
latest reply

@patd3283 

>What else needs to be done?

Funny you should mention that. Just yesterday I was explaining to my younger son how to set the "Time Away" option in case it's needed. Also showed him how to get into all my account, PW, and other info if I should suddenly assume room temperature. Always good to have a plan "B".

Message 14 of 42
latest reply

None.  I'm solo here.

When I go, I guess my account will wind up with a sea of negs before Ebay shuts it down. Sad but true.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 15 of 42
latest reply