cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What goes into Payout?

My payout goes into my credit union.  Shipping label cost is deducted from paypal.  What makes up this payout and do I need to subtract what paypal takes for labels from the payout to see what I am actually getting?  Does the payout include what was paid for the item,  including shipping, minus the ebay fees?  I have been splitting the payouts to my bank account with my wife but have not taken off the label cost the paypal takes.  I really don't understand this, help!

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

What goes into Payout?

Payouts consist of what the buyer paid for the item and shipping minus eBay fees.

If you purchase shipping on eBay and pay with available funds this will reduce your payouts.

Since you are paying for shipping with PayPal your wife is getting a sweet deal if you are covering the entire amount.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

What goes into Payout?

A little bit depends on how you have your account preferences setup and whether you are buying your shipping labels through eBay or some other shipping label service provider like Pirate Ship. The following contains some basic information. 

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold?id=4814 

You can also look at your order details by selecting view order details for the items that you sold. It will show you the total cost of the item, the selling costs and the earnings/payout amount. For example following is one of my orders. You don't see a shipping label cost because I don't buy my shipping labels through eBay so I have to subtract the shipping cost from the eBay earnings to figure out my actual return from the eBay sale. 

dbfolks166mt_0-1711449453840.png

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

What goes into Payout?

Switch your label funding to available funds instead of paypal.   

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

What goes into Payout?

@vettenut2 wrote:

My payout goes into my credit union.  Shipping label cost is deducted from paypal.  What makes up this payout and do I need to subtract what paypal takes for labels from the payout to see what I am actually getting?  Does the payout include what was paid for the item,  including shipping, minus the ebay fees?  I have been splitting the payouts to my bank account with my wife but have not taken off the label cost the paypal takes.  I really don't understand this, help!

What goes into your payout is spelled out in detail in the .... payout detail. You don;t have to do the math, eBay will show you exactly what they deducted.

Generally speaking, payouts are what is left over after eBay takes all of its fees and anything else you have paid for with your eBay funds . Since you paid for shipping with PayPal and not with eBay, your shipping payments will not be deducted from your payout.

HOWEVER, the amount of the payout is influenced by the TIMING of payment processing and fees. If a payment is not cleared by the deadline for a payout, it will not be included in that payout and will be in the next payout.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

What goes into Payout?

https://www.ebay.com/sh/fin/payouts

click the payout ID for the breakdown/details

!ebay-payout-id-page.jpg

Message 6 of 6
latest reply